What's going well in your life?

16 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Found out that my new boss is going to be my old boss who helped me get promoted quickly, and her new boss is going to be her old boss who also helped. So I may be able to move up again this year if things go well. Not sure what that would look like, but I took a $15k pay cut to go to work for this company so hoping to recoup more of that.

We’re also in Cincinnati for a few days. Saw a Reds game today. They got killed but still fun.

E58FA867-686F-4E27-B284-D9F867ADBE97.jpeg

Congrats!  To me, quality of life is almost always worth the pay cut. 

Going to have to admit that I personally struggle with pay cuts because I have worked my butt off to get paid somewhat close to equal to my male co-workers and any time I have tried to negotiate salary I get a lot of pushback. Basically I'm told that no one will pay me what my current employer is paying and that's ridiculous. I know what I'm worth, so if potential employers can't recognize that, I'm out.

That said, I've been contemplating cutting back my hours for a better quality of life. Unfortunately, I think it will hurt my advancement.

What's going good? I live in the Seattle area and we have a heat pump. We went to a friend's house yesterday, and I think I actually got heat exhaustion. I took today off work because I was so exhausted and foggy this morning. But I have plenty of sick leave and getting some things done before we leave on vacation this week.

Sara is pursing a new job possibility, which at our sorta middle class level would be a truly substantial increase in salary and benefits. Feels like it’ll happen, of course because she is worthy of it, skilled for it, but she has a friend in a leadership position on the inside of the new corp too.

Sara and I are anxious about the change, about leaving her present job literally right after getting a promotion there. That’s probably because we have strong people pleaser aspects to our personalities, which is both bad and good obviously. However there is no way her present job can match this new offer.

Everything is shaping up to make this the logical next step in our goals. We’ve also been recontacted after our inquires about waiting lists for tax credit housing in places like Irvine, Anaheim, and Huntington Beach California… so yay. Things are also lining up there for our five year plan of getting out of Alaska.

Whats going well is that its summer time! The lakehouse we bought a few years ago is finally at the point where its basically completely good to go. No work to be done other than like fun cosmetic work to make it cooler and more fun. The summer we bought it we didn't even stay in it, instead staying in my cousins house while there instead. To see it go from that to like a house you could spend a weekend in to a house now you can spend the whole summer in has been awesome. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.