What's going well in your life?

So many things right now actually! It's helping me hold space for all my friends who are dealing with some shit right now. 

• I started my new job last week! This week my boss is at Disney, so I'm on my own to do my training and start organizing this business. It's going well. I love working from home and on my own schedule. I just make myself available during the day for meetings and to answer emails/texts, but nobody is actually staring over my shoulder making sure that I'm always on task or micromanaging me in any way. This is new for me, and I love it. 
  • The boys are out of town through Friday evening! They left yesterday morning to go to my sister's lodge and help mow, then they're heading to Austin/San Antonio to check on the house we're buying and hang out with my mother-in-law. And I'm home alone!! I LOVE BEING HOME ALONE! 
  • Today is my last day in my position in Scouts. I'm fucking done with this group. (Noah isn't, but I can just be a parent now.) So the last big update there is that those bitches lied through their damn teeth about everything that's happened this year, but since they lied to make themselves look better (knowing how negatively everyone else viewed their actions), now they're kinda stuck with it. They publicly declared that the transgender boy was OF COURSE :rolleyes: welcome in our troop and that all of the ensuing drama was a misunderstanding on my part because all they wanted was to get guidance from BSA about the logistics. It's complete and total bullshit, and the people who need to know this know that it's bullshit, but now they can't very well go back on it and be blanketly discriminatory since we now know much MUCH more about how the logistics would work. I count this as a win and a "fuck you, I'm out". So...win-win for me. 

I’ve also been learning guitar, borrowed one from the library. Today I ordered an acoustic-electric from Guitar Center, and found out that my brother is giving me an electric guitar that belonged to my dad, but was originally mine in my early 20s when I thought I was going to learn guitar.

Tomorrow starts medical leave. I get 3 weeks off. I'm going to get sliced open and have a bunch of bones removed, but unlike when I was in such horrible pain back last December, I can sleep the whole damn day if I need to for three whole weeks.

Also, they're going to slice me open and remove a bunch of bones in a week, and I am so glad it's almost here and not seven weeks out like when I scheduled the surgery.

Summer in Alaska is the only time I tolerate it, so that’s good. Plus being vaccinated helps the anxiety of being around people, anxiety that grew to nearly uncontrolled amounts all last summer. Also my youngest boys are in a month of Summer School, but not because their academics suffered when I was their teacher (apparently, as explained by the school district). So yay there, that was a lot of stress thinking I done forked them up all thru 2020.

My new guitar came in. It was 3/4 size (kid size) instead of full size. Drove to the other side of town to return it to a physical store to avoid shipping. Ended up spending $100 more to get a much nicer guitar, and the guy threw in a hard case ($100+) a strap ($20) and some miscellaneous odds and ends.