The Let's Bitch About Work Thread!

38 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Practice. A lot. Like you’re trying to learn lines for a play. And then just lob it in there like a (polite) grenade and you have no choice but to follow through 

Yeah...write a script and practice.  I do that with tough conversations.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most jobs don’t. Some supervisors do, but it rarely extends beyond that.

work sucks and I hate it and I wanna quit and disappear from life forever

It always sucks having to be responsible over taking care of your mental health. That’s the ultimate trap of capitalism.

Posted Images

My territory for Frito Lay is changing in 2 weeks. For the last 5 years, my territory has basically been in my backyard, and stretches about 30 minutes from my house. It’s been great. Now they’re moving me to another territory, closest area is about 15 minutes from my house which is completely fine. Unfortunately, it stretches as far as an hour and 25 minutes from my house, into another state. For those who don’t know, I live in a suburb in the St Louis area. And now I’ll be driving into Illinois, all the way to Alton, Godfrey, and Jerseyville. 

The driving and just how spread out the territory is is just terrible. On top of now I’ll be dealing with STL rush hour traffic whereas before I was far enough into the suburbs I didn’t have to worry about it. And the roads in Illinois are absolutely trash. Missouri’s roads aren’t great, but Illinois is another level of suck.