The Let's Bitch About Work Thread!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most jobs don’t. Some supervisors do, but it rarely extends beyond that.

work sucks and I hate it and I wanna quit and disappear from life forever

It always sucks having to be responsible over taking care of your mental health. That’s the ultimate trap of capitalism.

My current dilemma is that I'm this show, and I don't love my episode. I'm adapting a so-so book, doing my best with it because I really needed the job to make my minimums with the union to keep my insurance. I'm doign my best to have fun with it, but the showrunner is VERY prescriptive and I hasn't given me a ton of freedom.

Worse, he's made one of the characters really sexist and gross. At first it was funny and intentional, but when the studio came back and said it was making the whole script feel sexist, he decided to push back even harder and write all these lines that are even worse.

As showrunner, he has the right to do that to my script-- but my name is still on it, so the studio and network are going to think this is coming for me. He will fight for it, but at the end of the day when it's shot and comes out my name will be on it. I've pushed back a little with him, but two other writers have already left the show. I don't know if it is because they had trouble working with him, but I have my suspicions.

... your showrunner must be a complete asshole if the studio told him to chill and he's pushing back harder. I mean... they want people to watch the show, right?

I've decided I'm done with my job today. I was going to go for a full last week, but... fuck it.

19 hours ago, Tank said:

If I bitch about work am I going to get laughed out of here?

I feel like that too, but in a different way.  Every time I try to sit down and type out what is bothering me, I feel like a total jerk who is entitled.  I will just say I work in a place where we have moved physical locations, and between me being sick until recently, and my dad dying,  plus all the stress at the job, I feel just completely stressed out and want to just quit my job.   But that would be dumb without a plan or a job to go to.  Problem is, I am burnt out from the industry itself and need a career change, not just quitting my job and doing the same thing elsewhere.  It is hard to do, when you don't know what it is you want to change to.

58 minutes ago, Zathras said:

I feel like that too, but in a different way.  Every time I try to sit down and type out what is bothering me, I feel like a total jerk who is entitled.  I will just say I work in a place where we have moved physical locations, and between me being sick until recently, and my dad dying,  plus all the stress at the job, I feel just completely stressed out and want to just quit my job.   But that would be dumb without a plan or a job to go to.  Problem is, I am burnt out from the industry itself and need a career change, not just quitting my job and doing the same thing elsewhere.  It is hard to do, when you don't know what it is you want to change to.

I deeply feel all of this.

I just wrote my "I quit" email and scheduled it to send 15 minutes after my shift ends today. Feels good, man.