I can sorta play piano, got a keyboard a couple years ago for Christmas and it mostly just sat in the basement where I would play a little here and there, but I finally started learning in earnest 6 months ago. I can mess around and play chords and make a lot of pop/rock sound pretty good. Still nowhere near playing for anything other than myself though.

This week I also checked out a guitar from the library. I get it for 28 days, and I’m using the Simply Guitar app to learn as much as I can.  I’d love to be able to take a guitar on a camp out or lead my family in some praise and worship songs at home. So my needs are pretty small - I don’t want to be a guitar god. My brother already is one. I just want to be able to mess around. But we’ll see how it goes. If I’ve made progress after a month, I’ll try to find an inexpensive acoustic guitar, probably through my brother’s connections through one of his many bands or guitar forums. 

I have a set up for making electronic music. I do very minimalistic John Carpenter style things. I mostly just do it for fun and never share it. My music knowledge is pretty limited  outside of knowing the basics of keys and BPMs. My little device has preprogrammed chords so I cheat a lot.

In college I played bass and keyboards, but neither very well.

I played guitar since I was 12. Admittedly I practically never practice my scales or anything like that so I was never a shredder solo kind of guy. I like using a lot of open tunings and getting the sound like there are more than one guitar playing, or otherwise making a nice full sound. I really want to get a 12 string acoustic cause my dad always had one and I loved the sound. 

I haven't picked up the guitar for a while now, but it would only take a month or so of playing it to refamiliarise myself with it and get back to a fairly high level of competencey. I've been playing my son's ukelele a fair bit cause it's such a throwaway instrument you can just pick it up and bash out something fun while supervising the little guy, walking from room to room. My wife is starting to get annoyed by the uke though so not sure how long it'll last. Should probably seriously look at getting the 12 string.