Returning the the theater

Have you seen anything in the theater in the pst year? Do you have plans to go back?

I’m taking my wife out in 2 weeks to see In The Heights and we’ll be eating dinner at a restaurant before. First time for either of those things in a long time. She’s super excited for it, and doubly so because I planned it all and got a babysitter without her and just told her what we were doing.

I saw Tenet the weekend it came out.   Whenever that was, I don't remember.   July 2020??

But I haven't been back since.  My kids went to go see mortal kombat last month.  It was sold out although it was at 50 percent capacity.   

They're going out to see A Quiet Place tonight.  Not sure what the capacity is these days. 

I really want to see A Quiet Place, but part of the excitement of the date night is it being our first time doing these things. But if someone invites me to go, that might change.

We have hbo max, so we will almost certainly watch in the heights on that. I suspect our first movie in a theater will be Black Widow.  We don’t want to pay extra for it on Disney+ and my wife loves Natasha.  We will also have had plenty of experience being back in public somewhat before then.

Last week, we hit up Medieval Times while we wee in Dallas and we’ve got a local production of Sound of Music outdoors here soon, too.

I would love to see some live theater soon. I did theater in high school and loved it and saw a bunch of shows, but that hasn’t extended into adulthood much. We are going to see Jim Gaffigan in November and I might get tickets to The Price is Right Live for my birthday, because it’s going to be in Columbus near my b-day.

Our local productions are actually really good.  They usually do some plays indoors during fall and winter, but then have one per month outdoors during the summer.  They are quite fun to go to and the prices are very reasonable.  I also just remembered that they are actually doing In the Heights in August.

We also just got a brand new performing arts center.  Before covid hit, the very first show was supposed to be Les Mis, which I was really excited about.  I've seen it twice before, but I love that play so much.  I don't remember what touring plays they have coming up, but none of them looked that interesting to me, unfortunately. 

They are also having the Price is Right Live come through here, too.  I think that could be a lot of fun, too, but I don't think my wife would really enjoy it that much without the connection to the tv show.

I managed to see Tenet a while after it came out (it was mid September that I ended up going), and it was a weekday (using up holiday from work), so felt very happy about doing that and practically having the cinema to myself.

Wasn’t going to miss that one - really enjoyed it personally.

Not sure what I want to see now things have eased up again here in England, but will be good to get back to the big screen!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.