WTF..

Shockey666

WTF happened to these forums. I'm an OG poster and back in my day these forums were busy. I used to argue with Tangent about music and movies. This place is a ghost town now. It's the same 4-5 posters doing circle jerks in here. Pretty sad what this has become...

2 hours ago, Shockey666 said:

WTF happened to these forums. I'm an OG poster and back in my day these forums were busy. I used to argue with Tangent about music and movies. This place is a ghost town now. It's the same 4-5 posters doing circle jerks in here. Pretty sad what this has become...

Nightly stopped being a popculture discussion board years ago, it's down to just a handful of people who like talking to each other about movies and stuff. Trolls have all outed and flamed themselves out. None of us are interested in being an angst-filled anonymous place to yell at each other. 

So you come back 15 years later, still acting like a teenage edgelord, and you're mad that we're now just a small group of friends who are are adults talking about adult things, and it's our fault and we suck?

Have you really run out of places to troll and you'd hoped we'd take your bait? If you don't like it, go away. Don't make a post about it like a 2005 internet bitch.

We don’t want, or need, a villain. People who try to fill that role pretty quickly find themselves removed from Nightly.

We’d love to have you here, but if you really want to play a villain, there are better places to do it.

I'll leave you be. This forum used to be a decent place for some edgy discussion. It's kinda lame now but I see you're a tight knit group. I won't ruin it for you all. 

Perhaps I'll be your Pennywise and pop in every 15 years or so. 

I remember when Nightly, Lando specifically, was edgy and aggro. I was a major contributor to that vibe.

Then a few things happened. First, the entire internet turned into one giant hot take. Snarky reviews and clap backs became the norm everywhere to the point that decades later we have Twitter which exists solely to deliver hot takes to wind people up.

Second, I grew up and found out that being informed and kind made ME feel better than shouting down some nerd who likes TPM.

2 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Did you have to get off mobile to sign on to a laptop so you could take a picture of this? This is too meta for me.

Hahah— just computer and phone. You can be signed into multiple devices these days without the skin being confused. Carriage returns and multiquoting are a mess, but it least it looks right!

On 5/27/2021 at 7:51 PM, Tank said:

Nightly stopped being a popculture discussion board years ago, it's down to just a handful of people who like talking to each other about movies and stuff. Trolls have all outed and flamed themselves out. None of us are interested in being an angst-filled anonymous place to yell at each other. 

So, on this topic, I've tried to post on Reddit and other boards that cater to my non-nerd interests like sportsing, and I can't even. It's just so toxic and I find myself hating humanity.

The bigger or more general a subreddit is, the more likely it is to be toxic. Meaning, basically the smaller the fandom/group, the better.  There’s one for Columbus that’s fine as long as you don’t betray the liberal gods like saying that Sherrod Brown’s office replied to a request with something completely irrelevant. I legitimately had to delete my account because of that mistake because people were immediately out to get me and track me down and ruin my life. But other than that, Reddit is great! Just as long as you don’t post and only read some of the stuff.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

“I left a forum and when I came back I can’t believe other people left!l

Indeed. More like I left the forum when I was 19 because I enlisted and spent the past 15 years in multiple deployments overseas. Now that I am a couple years away from full military retirement they gave me a nice cozy post state side enlistment. So I decided to catch up on the pop culture I have missed out on. Saw the Manson sexual harassment story and googled it. Came upon the thread on this forum and remembered that I used to once post here. Eventually remembered my password and logged in. Thought hmmn this forum used to be cool for some edgy discussion.... 

18 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Reddit fucking SUCKS. I only go there for MCU spoilers.

Reddit is a trove of hive mind centric thinking.  The Karma system only enhances the commune and any contrarian opinion is voted down. There is no civil discourse. You either conform to the norm or you get obliterated. And to be honest it is not that much different then what this forum has become....

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.