Loki (TV Series)

Rogue 3

9 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

What was the point of B-15 or whatever her number was showing the other agent Renslayer as school principal? I get she was trying to reveal that all TVA agents are variants--but it went nowhere. There was no follow up. And then when Loki was sent back to the TVA, it was rebooted/reuniversed. So that whole plot line is just dead.

I’m guessing…well hoping….that the plot line isn’t dead, it’ll just pick up in the second season. I mean he ended up in another verse at the end so presuming he has to make his way back to our prime universe at some point. If not, it’d really suck to lose all that development between him and Mobius. 

Yeah but this show lamely showed you can wipe away whatever you want and have that development come back in a second. Loki was the 2012 version of himself in the first, oh, two episodes? One and a half? Then suddenly just like the Loki that had grown in Dark World and Ragnarok for the rest, like his death/past-self return never even happened. So next season they can just have Mobius watch a clip or two of what happened and suddenly he'll morph into season one Mobius in a snap.

I'm more disappointed by this show than I thought, I guess.

I dunno, I thought they did a good job in that while it was the 2012 version, it’s still the same Loki who was always going to be redeemed, he just got there faster. And I actually think this version of Loki developed further than the OG by the last episode. So I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they won’t do that next season - but I do get what you are saying, and I’ll probably check out if they end up doing that. 

4 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

It's weird cuz I really did enjoy watching the show. The acting, visuals, score, casting, all of that--great. I'm not entirely sure why I can mostly like it while watching and then crap on it here.

A lot of it does kinda fall apart the more you think about it so it’s understandable. I mean, while I really enjoyed it and probably more than the others, there was still a lot that annoyed me that I didn’t get from Wanda or Falcon/WS. 

Wasn’t a fan of the implication that everything up to this point is was due to Kang. Hate that Spectre, ‘it was me all along!’ crap. 

Also didn’t really get why all the multiverses were suddenly created as soon as he died - if he is hanging about at the very end of time, then how does his death result in a nexus event? Wouldn’t all his variants have been dealt with by that point anyway? 

The only thing I can really point to as possibly being the crux for both our Hiddleston Anti-Hero Lokis is the death of his mother. In the films he’s developing prior to but he’s really changed after her death. In the series Loki keys on his mother’s death as well, I think he even rewatches it.

I’d mentioned before that the series felt Search for Spock/Voyage Home in regards to the undoing of Loki’s death and rapid acceleration of this Loki back into what we had. And to use another Star Trek reference, Wrath this time, maybe Loki facing death is his come to faith moment. Oh he’s killed and been horrible, he’s seen death, he’s cheated death, but he was essentially immortal and a spoiled terrible child just out playing with “toys”. Maybe it is Frigga’s death that will always turn a Loki.

Reaching perhaps.

Anyway, I have the same issues as y’all. Really enjoyed the show tho.

In regards to Kang’s death in the future undoing the past (bringing back all the selves he’s defeated)… Man, I dunno. I guess a Doctor Who reference is needed here, it’s wibbly wobbly timey wimey. Maybe killing Kang in the end point of reality somehow erases or resets him from reality. So killing him there undoes everything he did, but ultimately allows him to try again… which is pretty much what he was saying, just maybe that is the logic behind it.

We’re always dealing with things that aren’t real in fiction, obviously, but with alternative universes and time changes it becomes so unreal that often times we’re just in Lewis Carroll’s Wonderland. Or A.A. Milne’s 100 Acre Wood. The tree to Pooh’s Corner wasn’t in London, as the live action sequel asserts and then explains (right in line with the original’s concepts) that the tree will appear to Christopher Robin wherever he was because that’s what was needed.

Anyway, in regards to Loki’s final motivation it wasn’t power and that is evident by him ignoring Miss Minute’s offer… I also don’t think it is Sylvie. Oh she is part of it in an Ariel’s Part of Your World song way, I think. That being Ariel wants to be with Eric, but he’s the icing on the cake for her motivation prior to him and consistent after him, that she wants to be in the human world. I think Loki wants Asgard back. Oh he feigns he doesn’t, but I think that is his goal. He wants his mother back, he wants Asgard back. And in a manner if he accomplishes this then it would be inspired along the lines of Norse mythology, that being Asgard and Asgardians return after Ragnarok.

• 3 months later...

This had to be pointed to me but since it was, I can't stop thinking about it. When Loki was watching "This is your Life" reel it didn't end with Thanos breaking his neck but with Thor holding him. That means Loki was still alive and the last thing he felt before death was his brother hugging him.

• 1 year later...

Wow! That was an excitingly explosive start! I know Loki is not everyone’s fave on here, but I like the character a lot and the actor also.

Really enjoyed the first series and got high hopes for this 2nd after a good opener. Lots of time travel stuff going on which always gets bonus points for me (the Dr Who fan in me I guess!), great cast and good to see Ke Huy Quan joining.

Good stuff! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from holiday and caught up on ep 2 (will do ep 3 this evening). 
Yes, bit slower but lots of fun with the chase at the start and really anything involving Loki, particularly the interrogation done in 2 stages.

Looking forward to seeing where we go next!

Ep 3 - this is the strangest show! But I am totally hooked and keen to see what happens next!

Jonathan Majors. No wonder they cast him originally - fantastic actor playing these variations so differently. I have not read the comics, so no idea if he is doing justice, but I am drawn in for sure. 
Such a shame that he is in the news for all the wrong reasons. It would be amazing to enjoy these roles without this hanging over everything.

Literally no idea where we go next! Can’t wait to see the final 3 episodes!

Probably the best episode this season, because it actually focused on Loki the character instead of whacky crazy TVA timeline nonsensical nonsense.

And while I suspect much of that Variety article this week was sensational bullshit with little basis in reality, if Marvel does decide to pivot away from Kang/Jonathan Majors I'm all for it. He's a great actor sure, but Kang was never a good enough character to be the next big bad after Thanos.

I think they may need to do a course correct and move on to Doom as a big bad for the future! Isn't FF slated for 2025 or so? As much as I enjoy most of the Marvel stuff and this series in particular, it does feel like Marvel Studios has been all over the place since Endgame. Or maybe since FFH/NWH, since those felt like an epilogue to it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.