Republican Party Implosion

Cerina

23 hours ago, Shockey666 said:

So you pull the blue master lever every 4 years? How about utilizing some critical thinking rather then conforming to blind party devotion? How about evaluating the issues one by one rather then blindly succumbing to your political gods? I equally hate both parties while I hold my nose and cast my vote for the lesser of two evils. Sadly this country is still enthralled by the political duopoly, but your mindless voting doesn't help the situation. How is it Europe has managed to have multiple parties represented in their deliberative halls and we are still stuck in this two party nonsense? Entertain the thought of voting third party...whether it's Green, Moderate, Libertarian... stop conforming to the same old same old. You ARE the problem...

You're going to take someone's entire political leaning and question their critical thinking based off of one off hand post? You're spoiling for a fight, innit. 

If you'd been around for longer than a few days to actually engage with people, Zathras in this case, you might find that their political stance is not the same today as it was in days gone by and that they may in fact hold all of the political nuance and thought of... I don't know... a fucking person who's lived a life?  And not a one dimensional character for your condesention.

Keep on edging there Mr Lord.

Shit, I used to be straight-up conservative up until about 5-6 years ago. Now I'm practically a bleeding heart liberal by comparison. Something really ugly has happened within the Republican party since then, and its only served to turn many rational Republicans away. I think many Republicans may have actually sighed in relief that Trump lost. They can bitch about Biden but save face to themselves now that Trump is gone.

I can't get on board with Libertarians, either. They're somehow the complete opposite of what I believe.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:02 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

Trumpish candidates are gonna do well in primaries, but unless it's a very Republican district/state I think they'll have a tough time winning most generals. They definitely WILL win some, and in fact I think the GOP has the edge in taking back both houses of Congress, but I think (hope) Trump bullshit might fade away faster than we think.

Ted Cruz is trying to steal from Trumps schtick I think. His latest tweet wars with late night talk show hosts are bad.

On 5/30/2021 at 10:00 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Shit, I used to be straight-up conservative up until about 5-6 years ago. Now I'm practically a bleeding heart liberal by comparison. Something really ugly has happened within the Republican party since then, and its only served to turn many rational Republicans away. I think many Republicans may have actually sighed in relief that Trump lost. They can bitch about Biden but save face to themselves now that Trump is gone.

I can't get on board with Libertarians, either. They're somehow the complete opposite of what I believe.

I always went back and forth for most of my adult life.  I remember in 2012 really struggling with either voting for Obama or Romney.  I voted for Obama, but I would rather have Romney won in '12 and '16 then a Trump win in '16.

I knew something was up when they picked Palin for VP.  I was going to vote for McCain, but changed my mind because of her pick.  I don't blame her, she was going with the flow.   I really don't get too upset at one individual being all crazy.  What I do have a problem with is when people look at the crazy person and thing, "gee...she makes a lot of sense".  That's was the first warning sign for me, that crazy wasn't just a part of the RNC (and the left has its fair share of crazy) but was actually the dominating thought. 

I think that there is definitely a large amount of blame that goes to conservative talk radio for the amount of crazy in the GOP today.  It started during the Clinton years, but it wasn't until the mid 2000s that the GOP started to really echo what the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Sean Hannity had been saying for years.  Palin was the first politician that was more of a reaction to the crazy AM talk....she was fully endorsed, as if she was the politician hand picked by AM radio before the GOP approved her.  After Romney's loss, that is when the GOP went fully to the Dark Side and started the transition to Trump bots.  But none of that would have been possible without the AM radio echo chambers that would broadcast and repeat lies and slander against not just democrats, but republicans who didn't pass the Limbaugh Litmus Test.  Even with Limbaugh now dead, his show is STILL on the air and the guy's recordings are still spewing lies from beyond the grave. 

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.