Republican Party Implosion

Cerina

It's kinda funny. I feel like they've reached the state that the Democrats have gotten to. A lot of dumb useless infighting. Supporting the wrong weirdos (look at what the DNC did to Bernie). It's just that the GOP's public issues are like watching that high strung aunt act out at the family reunion and you're packing up the kids and wife to get the hell out of dodge before someone asks you to take a side.

Republicans control more state governments than Democrats and are gonna gerrymander the hell out of congressional districts before the midterms to ensure they regain the House and Senate, despite representing a much much smaller amount of the electorate. They're doing just fine.

Gerrymandering doesn’t mean anything for the Senate, but they’re definitely doing what they can to take the House. And Trump’s census meddling was about getting more House seats to rural, Republican states.

20 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Republicans control more state governments than Democrats and are gonna gerrymander the hell out of congressional districts before the midterms to ensure they regain the House and Senate, despite representing a much much smaller amount of the electorate. They're doing just fine.

That's what I find so weird. The GOP has control over a lot of local governments. San Antonio is actually run by an independent mayor but at the same time we have a lot of GOP council members and even local judges. A lot of dumb voter measures and bills are being introduced so we not only have to worry about gerrymandering but actually finding a convenient place to vote. Which is terrible considering we may never get to herd immunity because a lot of people refuse to get vaccinated.

I was doing some work at an orthopedic clinic, when a couple of people from my office started blowing up my phone. It turned out that someone in the building had complained about my company truck being in the parking lot (it's 2:30) and they were saying that they had some kind of meeting going on a 5 PM. It turns out that it was the stupid people in the Republican party local office. I told the lady at the job I was at about what had just happened. She got up and immediately went to their office, muttering that she was tired of their shit. I heard a small bit the conversation, as I was walking out to leave.  

I swear, these political party people are pathetic losers. 

11 hours ago, Cerina said:

Ok true. But how sustainable is that? 

A party based on dislike of the other? In America? Probably not sustainable for more than a couple hundred years.

On 5/15/2021 at 6:25 AM, Fozzie said:

There’s no implosion, there’s a reorganization under the MAGA banner. 

Agreed.  When a Cheney is no longer "conservative" enough,  and Karl Rove is considered a moderate, you are dead on, Fozzie. 

I just hope that the GOP stays in the minority.  

2 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Agreed.  When a Cheney is no longer "conservative" enough,  and Karl Rove is considered a moderate, you are dead on, Fozzie. 

I just hope that the GOP stays in the minority.  

I hope so too, but I don’t think it will happen. Overall, our system is set up in a way that favors the Republicans, and we’re probably a solid 20 years away from that changing significantly. As the Boomers start to die out and demographics change in Texas, there’s a chance. But we have a long way to go.

1 minute ago, Fozzie said:

I hope so too, but I don’t think it will happen. Overall, our system is set up in a way that favors the Republicans, and we’re probably a solid 20 years away from that changing significantly. As the Boomers start to die out and demographics change in Texas, there’s a chance. But we have a long way to go.

Sadly I agree. and 20 years is a long time to be able to destroy a country.  

29 minutes ago, Ms. Spam said:

If the Californians keep moving to Texas it may change sooner than you think. 

Even if it does, it’s not going to be enough to ensure the Republicans become a minority party. Texas will likely turn purple within the next decade IF demographic changes remain constant. But that’s still a long way from turning blue, and even then it’s still cities that are getting it, so you’ll have a large number of Republican House members from Texas.

Well, the good news is that it will just take one scandal to turn the US population against the GOP.  Like a riot that attempts to take over the US Capitol.  Surely Americans won't stand for such a thing.

Oh, wait....

12 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

what are you talking about, they were just tourists

They were probably playing hide and seek. That’s the only reason the Republicans were hiding.

I'm a moderate and a swing voter. I typically do not like when either party has too much power and right now the Dems have way too much. But if the Repubs are going to go all in on Trumpism then they've lost me and many other moderates forever. I can vote for decent centrist candidates like Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Manchin, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, John Kasich. I cannot stand the extreme wings of either party. In my time on this Earth I cannot ever recall politics being so divisive and entrenched. We're on the precipice of civil war. I was hoping Biden would be the moderate that could unite us but he has given in to the far left vocal activists. 

How on earth do the dems have too much power. You get just one of them to not vote party lines in the senate, and they can't accomplish anything. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have outsized power because of that. They have a razor thin margin in the House as well. The Republicans dominate the courts and far more state legislatures.

9 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

How on earth do the dems have too much power. You get just one of them to not vote party lines in the senate, and they can't accomplish anything. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have outsized power because of that. They have a razor thin margin in the House as well. The Republicans dominate the courts and far more state legislatures.

Look at his list of moderates. If that’s his idea of being moderate, he’s a Republican who doesn’t like Trump. Because none of those people are remotely moderate, they’re all just anti-Trump Republicans, even though Gabbard pretends to be a Democrat

Is this about Israel responses? Otherwise Biden's been moderate. The border is not open. People are getting vaccinated and my government is back where I like it - not in the goddamned news all the time talking about our dumb president and his nonsense. Now it's other types of news.

4 minutes ago, Ms. Spam said:

Is this about Israel responses? Otherwise Biden's been moderate. The border is not open. People are getting vaccinated and my government is back where I like it - not in the goddamned news all the time talking about our dumb president and his nonsense. Now it's other types of news.

It’s about what right-wing media says. Biden has been super liberal in not giving in to everything Republicans demand, and wanting to spend money on COVID relief and infrastructure. Never mind that Trump wanted the exact same thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.