What's the deal with Wal-Mart

Hobbes

• 2 weeks later...

I shop at Wal-Mart frequently, but I can't say that I enjoy it. There are usually too many people there, so I go as early in the morning as I can. Once it starts to get crowded, I get out. Socks and underwear are the only clothes I buy new (everything else comes from second-hand stores), and they're cheaper at Wal-Mart than anywhere else. For some reason, I hate buying groceries there, so I do most of my food shopping at Sprouts and Fry's. Most of my hardware and tool needs are met by Home Depot and True Value. If I need things like first aid items and ibuprofen, Wal-Mart can't be beat. They also have a decent craft section, although I buy most of it at Joann's. Their prices are about the same on those items. 

In short, I buy as much as I can at other places, using Wal-Mart to fill in with what they don't have. It's not a fun place to be, it's just a place to get necessities and then get out.

OMG Walmart in Tucson opens at 7 AM (for comparison mine was unlocking the doors at 5 AM now). I felt like waving at the sky and telling the store manager "Look the sun is this far up in the sky! Arizona is HOT as fuck. For the love of god open up". Because at 7 am it was packed with old people wanting to buy and move slowly and clog up walkways as they visited during the coolest part of the day.

• 1 month later...

So I went back to Wal-Mart and I am less triggered now that the whole mask thing is over so I am assuming everyone without a mask has been vaccinated.  Anywho, all of the food comes in way bigger sizes than at City Market (aka Krogers).  The the smallest box at Wal-Mart is bigger than the largest box at City Market (Kroeger).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.