The Relationship Thread

Tank

9 minutes ago, zambingo said:

If it isn’t Tami, then we should assume that the reason Nightly won’t let Seth post his news is because it’s about him having an orgy with ***********.

Does masturbation count as an orgy?

On 11/10/2021 at 5:59 AM, Jacen123 said:

In actual seriousness for a change, since Nightly won't let you post what you wanted, Seth, and now you're worried about oversharing, I'll just ask a simple question: You doing okay?

Overall yes, but there’s been some big challenges as of late.

I guess I can write this here, I dunno.  I am in a relationship, and I would never do anything to wreck it.   But, I have been going to this place for lunch for a few weeks now, and the waitress that works there flirts with me.   Normally, I laugh stuff like that off, but I have to say it feels good to be noticed in that way.  I have to say the attraction is mutual, but like I said, I am committed and it won't go beyond small talk, but does anyone here have a similar situation where you are in a relationship, but someone else notices you, and it makes you feel good?  Of course won't take it anywhere beyond that, but am I an ass for feeling good for someone noticing me? just wondering

I don’t know your situation, but when anyone that gets paid in tips compliments or “flirts” with me I just take it as a hint to tip rather than I’m looking fly that day. Also “flirting” is often, in my observations of peoples (usually males), totally misconstrued and was only intended as friendliness by the person thought to be a flirt to them. But again, absolutely and totally don’t know this situation and not like dude… dude… wait up, my dude… LOL Just saying.

In other words, my advice to all peoples, is never think a compliment is an invite. As for giving a compliment to someone, I also advise peoples to ask if you can pay the person a compliment. Sounds corny, but it seems appreciated.

There’s definitely a lot of flirting for tips, but there’s also real flirting that goes on. I mean, when I was younger and hung out with guys without any women, it was frequently frustrating to my friend that I would get all the attention from waitresses. I also got more than a couple phone numbers from waitresses, without asking. So it absolutely happens.

But, definitely soak it up. It pissed me off when I was younger, especially because I had made a choice to be celibate, but now that I’m older I’m still flying high from two women hitting on me within a month like 4 years ago. But I also told my wife about both of them immediately, and there was never any thought of actually going along with doing anything. It’s just nice to hear something positive as a man.

I also think that men need to normalize complimenting each other. 

23 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Yeah I wasn't trying to make more out of this than it really is, but yeah, totally nice to have an innocent flirtation that goes nowhere.  I was just saying it was a nice boost to my self esteem, which has been lacking in recent years. 

Yeah man, enjoy it.

Lady two is a director of some note from another country. We connected over a project, met in person, and hit it off at an insane level. Work and emotions both exploded and we have multiple projects going together now, including her bringing me in on a big nightly-adjacent thing. That job, and our careers are of enough note that I shouldn't say anything more than that for now.

KP is still amazing, and supportive of me pursuing things, comfortable as my primary person. New lady is not normally into EN/poly behavior and it has been a learning curve for her.

At the same time, even though KP is cool, I have been introduced more into her world/people and it was a little daunting for a sensitive soul like myself.

Everything is good, but it all requires lots of emotional maturity and discussions and showing up for people and listening and being heard and it is tiring. Thus far though, worth the amount of love thrown at me, but still work.

Also, recognizing I may be a love-addict (it's an actual thing) and wondering if my moving into this sort of life is to feed that instead of working on my terrible self esteem.

I know you like or liked Jeeps, Tank. Are Jeeps a symbol for more “adventurous” people? I’m pondering because my wife is suddenly heartset on a Jeep. lol I’m over here like Dreyfuss in Close Encounters wondering if it means something. I’m like, Babe, our kids will have to sit elbow to elbow in that one back row. She’s like, we don’t have car seats anymore tho! I’m like, but the kids have legs and arms! Where all the legs and arms gonna go in that little row?! Even still she is heartset on a Jeep. LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.