NFL 2021

Metropolis

Cam was a great player at one point and I was excited to think he could be that still last season… well, it would seem that the Patriots can only have the quality of the QB play go up this season. This season will still likely be rough however, even Peyton Manning had a tough rookie year.

Once again, in most (definitely not all! and I'm prepared to eat this post in January/February if I'm wrong!) the Cowboys are predicted to win the NFC East. In some cases, even win a game in the playoffs. I haven't seen a conference championship appearance predicted yet. But once again, they're predicted to win their division.

I'll be shocked if they even finish second.

• 2 weeks later...

If the Bucs were thin at any positions it was LB and DB. SMB going out in the first game really hurt. Now Dean is hurt. The Cowboys schemed around what the Bucs did. The Falcons and the Rams have taken advantage of that weakness. Todd Boles is very reluctant to bring the heat if his corners can't stand on their own.

Had this talk with someone about stats and the future of Hall of Fame inductees. After three games, the quarterbacks are already over 1000 years passing (Carr, Brady, Murray) Joe Montana only threw for 3,900 yards in his career twice. I can see a group of today's qbs ending up high on the all time passing lists. They should not however sniff the Hall of Fame without a Super Bowl title or two. Same goes for some of these recovers. What say you guys?

Brees only has one SB win and got robbed a couple of times in the playoffs. Getting to the Super is 50% luck and dependent on a team. Brees would still deserve to be there, even if he never got that ring. It wouldn’t be fair to a receiver like Randy Moss either, who never got a ring. 

So were Adrian Peterson, Eric Dickerson and L. Thomlinson. They were all one missed tackle from taking it to the house.

Dickerson probably could have held a Lombardy, if not for his team running (no pun intended) into the 85’ Bears defense in the NFC Championship.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.