Get Over Here!

Hobbes

Pumped to see this in a few weeks.  But here is the problem with ALL the Mortal Kombat movies.  The central conflict of the series isn't some save the universe tournamant.  The heart of MK is Scorpion and Sub Zero.  It's looking like once again they will be side-pieces to the main plot. 

1 hour ago, Hobbes said:

Pumped to see this in a few weeks.  But here is the problem with ALL the Mortal Kombat movies.  The central conflict of the series isn't some save the universe tournamant.  The heart of MK is Scorpion and Sub Zero.  It's looking like once again they will be side-pieces to the main plot. 

From what I've heard, I thought they were going to be driving a lot of the story this time around.

16 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I wish it was still coming out today. It would've been perfect to force Katie to watch it tomorrow. She wouldn't be able to say no, it's my birthday tomorrow.

But as it is I'll be watching it next Saturday evening--Friday is for Falcon and the Winter Soldier finale.

Me too...it comes out next Saturday!  And happy birthday man!

Mileena was wasted. Goro was wasted. I wonder why they used Kabal instead of Baraka. I don't know who Reiko was, I think I lost track after MK3. I feel like they overthought the costumes for Scorpion and Sub-Zero, particularly the masks--they looked weird and gimmicky.

But man, that was fun as fuck. I loved it. Can't wait for more.

I guess I really liked the online series from a decade or so ago. I thought they would improve from there? That series was decent. I don’t get saying it’s okay if it’s awful when the games have evolved to be pretty decently written.

They could do something good. The 90s movie was better than this one.

For me, as I said I don't know shit past MK3. I think I watched the online series you're talking about? At least part of it if not all, but I don't remember for sure. I guess all I was looking for with this was some fun fighting and a lot of fan service, and I got enough of each, so I'm satisfied.

I'm biased because I used Kabal in Ultimate MK3. 

The fact that this movie played out like there has to be a sequel is odd. How do you have Mortal Kombat without you know Mortal Kombat? 

And was good as the fight scenes were, Johnny Cage-Scorpion from the first MK(played over the Fear Factory song) is still IMO one of the best fight scenes in action movie history. 

9 hours ago, Metropolis said:

The fact that this movie played out like there has to be a sequel is odd. How do you have Mortal Kombat without you know Mortal Kombat? 

It’s this super awful trend in Hollywood where when a studio makes a movie of a big IP, they  make a movie to set up a franchise instead of something that can stand on its own.

So that was awesome.  I was never a Mortal Kombat video game fan, but this movie totally took me back to being 13 and watching Don "The Dragon" Wilson movies on HBO at 2AM. 

I honestly thought they kept Johnny Cage off the previews because it was going to be Jean Claude Van Damme was gonna come out and when that dude was fighting. 

I also thought Cole was Scorpion reincarnated and expected him to get his Scorpion skills when Goro went for his family and he would do the whole "get over here!".

Kano was great and I legit LOLed at some of his lines. 

On 4/25/2021 at 1:14 PM, Metropolis said:

I'm biased because I used Kabal in Ultimate MK3. 

And was good as the fight scenes were, Johnny Cage-Scorpion from the first MK(played over the Fear Factory song) is still IMO one of the best fight scenes in action movie history. 

I think they were going for what happened before the original MK movie. The shot of the Johnny Cage poster at the end seemed to give a hint to that.

The Cole Young character was pretty uninteresting. Even his discovered combat style/power was pretty much lame. The fight at the beginning and the end was awesome, while the other fights were just kind of dull, along with the slow pacing in the middle of the film. It's a good one time watch, but I don't think that it's a movie I'll be wanting to watch again, without just skipping the middle and moving on to the final battle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.