The Bad Batch

Rogue 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

New trailer for the final season of the Bad Batch has been released…and Tank was right. 

Asajj Ventress is back. The same Ventress who died in Dark Disciple, a book set between AOTC and ROTS released in 2015 under the Disney banner back when their story group was adamant it would all be canon. The books (and other media) would be no less than the films. And that’s why I say he was right because he never balked in telling us that was BS. The books and comics and whatever else would be canon until a filmmaker decided it wouldn’t. 

On 1/23/2024 at 9:35 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

Haha. This almost makes me want to go to other Star Wars sites to see if they’re losing their minds over it. Almost.

They were on Reddit LOL! As someone who has no interest in the books, this makes me happy. I wanted to see more Ventress post CW. I did read a synopsis for the book and it sounds like the way it ended left a loophole that she could have been resurrected after.

No one dies in Star Wars. Literally everyone has come back except Han Solo and Leia but only because they haven’t gone past that point in the timeline yet.

There will be a Padme appearance in the new movie with Rey I bet. Be it hologram, Force dream, or whatever.

18 hours ago, Tank said:

Padme is like the Uncle Ben of Star Wars. Her death is the only one you can't retcon in some way as it's such a major motivator for so much of the story.

Along with Owen and Beru, it seems. Though they held their own against an Inquisitor, they got incinerated by a regular group of stormtroopers to the point that you couldn’t even recognize them any- Oh no, there’s their entry point to bring them back, too.

It’s one thing for a character to come back as a ghost to spew a few words of wisdom or to see them in a recorded message. And seeing someone who’s dead as their younger self in an earlier part of the timeline doesn’t count as coming back from being dead. 

But it’s another to come back running around causing havoc like their normal selves as if nothing had ever happened to them. Maul and Palpatine being the most egregious of this nonsense. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.