Very Important GI Joe Question

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Years after I got rid of all my toys, (or really, after my lityle brother destroyed all of them) I still hung on to the toy brochures. I loved those almost as much as the toys themselves.

To keep Eli occupied while we had margaritas and dinner, I asked him to draw Serpentor

I always thought Grunt\Zap\Grand Slam looked like Michael Ironside.      

Posted Images

It's doable, they just need convinced they don't have to try to rip off the visual style of F&F.   

I would have thought that the obvious hint for a hit movie would be to rip from the comic.  By that,I mean the tone.  But many of the storylines could be translated as well.   Add some realism but keep the action and some minor sci fi elements as they relate to cobra's secret weapon and some of the Joe vehicles and weaponry.   It's soooo doable. 

Yea Snake Eyes trailer was disappointing. Hollywood hardly ever does right by my 80's cartoons. Michael Bay Destroyed Transformers (although Bumble Bee was awesome). Aside from Megan Fox the 1st 3 movies are garbage. Both GI Joe films this far have been meh. I have no faith Snake Eyes will be anything noteworthy. 

Anyway why are we back to talking about Destro? As far as villain's go Zartan was way more interesting then chrome dome...

On 5/18/2021 at 12:06 PM, Jedigoat said:

It's doable, they just need convinced they don't have to try to rip off the visual style of F&F.   

I would have thought that the obvious hint for a hit movie would be to rip from the comic.  By that,I mean the tone.  But many of the storylines could be translated as well.   Add some realism but keep the action and some minor sci fi elements as they relate to cobra's secret weapon and some of the Joe vehicles and weaponry.   It's soooo doable. 

They should have hired Larry Hama to pen this.  The trailer seems almost like they combined Snake Eyes with Storm Shadow. Also, I think there is something lost with omitting the idea that the Joes, Snake Eyes in particular, were Viet Nam vets.  I mean you can sub in Iraq war I suppose, but Snake Eyes being a  Viet Nam vet who served with Stalker and Storm Shadow, and was wounded in the face just seems more true to the character than this trailer is.