Very Important GI Joe Question

Tank

15 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

Was that a series or a one off documentary?

It’s a series. There are at least two seasons, I think maybe 3.

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

Never watched it, but heard good things.  That show is the reason for $300 straight-arm V1 Cobra Commanders.

Hahaha yeah I’m used to that. There’s a fair  amount of worthless old camera parts that go for thousands because they were used in Star Wars props.

46 minutes ago, Tank said:

Hahaha yeah I’m used to that. There’s a fair  amount of worthless old camera parts that go for thousands because they were used in Star Wars props.

It's great if you are a seller, or built your collection before prices went up like me, for sure!  Prices are crazy because a lot of people are just sitting on their collections, causing a limited supply and speculators looking for profit.  I have duplicates, but no more than 3-6 of certain figures, and as many as 10 in very few cases. Some people take it to the extreme and have like 100+ cobra soldiers or whatever (called army builders), or 100+ of the same figure, called focus collecting. 

I've never tried looking up prices for anything Joe related.  Haven't bought anything since I stopped buying original releases at retail.   I still have all my Joe stuff except for the terror drome and the space shuttle.   Most of it is in disarray because my kids played with them.   Nothing broken though, except for the two mentioned above. 

3 hours ago, Shockey666 said:

Who cares about Destro. Let's talk about Baroness .. that accent... those curves...that long black hair....

I was just thinking about this yesterday....a dominatrix in a kid's afternoon cartoon!

She was the birth of many a fetish I’m sure. Go to any comic convention and the hottest female cosplay you’ll see is Princess Leia in the slave outfit, Power Girl, Ayla Secura, and Baroness.

Scarlett is for basic bros.

Cover Girl got like one line ever in the cartoon. Lady Jaye came in and stole her thunder with that pixie cut.

Jinx was so much better in the comics.

But aside from Baroness I’d pick Zarana just because she looked punk rock.

Half of the 82 figures were, frankly, pretty lame. Exchangeable parts, drab olive coloring. Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Stalker, and the three Cobra figures were the only ones that stood out, which is why they’re the only ones that survived. Characters like Short Fuze, Steeler, Flash, Grand Slam, etc had zero traction due to their generic-ness.

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

Scarlet was the baseline so give her props seems lazy.

Were there really only 7 female figures made?

There were others, like Vypra and Chameleon, but they were literally repaints of Jinx and Baroness.  There were also different versions of Scarlet released, and repaints of Baroness, Zarana, and Lady Jaye.  But yeah, almost Smurf level of female representation!

There may be more in more recent years, but my area of knowledge is 1982-1989 with some spotty knowledge up to 2002.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.