Help

Tank

So I was talking to this girl at a club...

Kidding.

I need help. What the hell do I buy my kid for his 16th birthday? He’s not materialistic, he has a bunch of money saved and buys himself stuff he needs all time.

I’m not buying him a car.

He doesn’t WANT anything specific. And I already bought him a ton of steam credit for Xmas. I am stumped!

I am right there with you with my 12.5 year-old. 

At this point, I opt for experiences if I can. Or random novelty bullshit he might not bother to buy himself but will still use and enjoy. For his Christmas stocking I bought him pencils engraved with Hamilton lyrics. More than I typically spend on pencils, but he really likes them. 

That age is so weird. Clothes probably make them roll their eyes. At least I did when I got those ugly leather boots from my Mom that I hated forrrrrevvvver because they came from Kmart. LOL

I like the idea of experience things. Like a trip he plans. Or time in on a set filming something he did. Or some such nonsense. 

Oh and BIG LOVE. Lots of ugly grimace inducing embarrassing in public hugs. Like announce to EVERY person, HEY THIS KIDS BIRTHDAY IS TODAY! But that's just me.

I had promised him Japan for his 16th years back, but we’re not quite comfortable with plane travel yet. I think Americans still have to  quarantine.

Clothes— unlike me at that agar, he does not care about fashion of fitting into a subculture. He likes athlesiure wear, which he has plenty of. He got new shoes just a few weeks ago.

When I was sixteen the only thing I wanted was less time with my parents and more time with Sara, they sent me to a military school instead. Don’t be my parents. Although the alternative is probably as bad, like don’t get your kid a hotel room or something.

When my eldest son was sixteen all he wanted was to take back his earlier only child wish that he would eventually have lots of siblings. I think we just give him some money and told him sorry.

52 minutes ago, zambingo said:

When I was sixteen the only thing I wanted was less time with my parents and more time with Sara, they sent me to a military school instead. Don’t be my parents. Although the alternative is probably as bad, like don’t get your kid a hotel room or something.

When my eldest son was sixteen all he wanted was to take back his earlier only child wish that he would eventually have lots of siblings. I think we just give him some money and told him sorry.

So you’re saying Tank’s son should sleep with your wife? Weird present, but okay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.