Best TV Characters

Cerina

Tony Soprano

Walter White

Michael Scott 

Carrie Mathieson 

Starbuck (Reimagined BSG) 

Lucille Bluth. . . Jessica Walter passing meant there was a lot of tributes to her recently and forgot how much she owned that role. 

Tyrion Lannister 

Jimmy McNulty 

Spock

Kirk

McCoy

Worf

Data

Garrick

Sisko

Gul Dukat

Teal'c

Starbuck (Kara)

Admiral William Adama

Saul Goodman

Walter White

Jesse Pinkman

Tony Soprano

Paulie Walnuts

Johnny Sac

Lenny Brisco

Don Draper

Roger Sterling

Peggy Olson

Joan Harris

Londo

G'Kar

AND>>>>ZATHRAS!

Agree with all of the above - especially Zathras! Still remember being excited to hear that character was coming back for series 3 to resolved the excellent Babylon Squared storyline! Good times!

But a glaring omission. My favourite is: 

The Doctor

Love that show!

9 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I wanna add Hyde, but man, he’s such a shitty person in real life, it’s so hard to give him credit. But he was by far the best character in an underrated show. Red Foreman is close, though 

Red Foreman's foot in ass comments are Youtube gold!

On 3/26/2021 at 8:06 PM, Cerina said:

Who do you think is/are the best character(s) to ever grace the small screen?

My top 3 in no particular order are:

Karen Walker (Will & Grace)
Ron Swanson (Parks & Rec)
David Rose (Schitt's Creek)

No Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes?

Reese.

Lucy Ricardo

Spock

Doctor Who

Mary Richards

Archie Bunker

Cliff Huxtable

Dorothy Zbornak

Kermit the Frog

J.R. Ewing

Dale Cooper

There are ten of my favorites, granted one of them is tainted by IRL. Really it should have been Cliff and Claire on the list together because I adored them as a couple and parents. Similarly idealized parental and couple goals go to Gomez and Morticia Addams, although more of my affection for them happened because of the silver screen performances by Angelica and Raul.

There are really just so many characters I could have named from ages gone to modern times. I both loved and was greatly perturbed by this narrowing down process I had to do. LOL I don’t want to choose. Also, like do non-characters count? Like Fred Rogers? I love that man. Who doesn’t tho right? And if someone doesn’t, what the fork happened to them as kids. Anyway.

The fictional ones I landed on tho, at least for me, are like iconic and many are arguably the originators of their type on the television screen.

I also love David Rose and the entire Rose family. Also I was really annoyed I couldn’t take someone off that list for Frasier Crane. Also I was conflicted over leaving Rob Petrie off the list in the classic way the suits were worried Mary Richards could feel like she had divorced him.

In no particular order:

Dr. Who-who can't love a character that can die and be reborn as anyone??

Walter White-I tired of the show early on but was there ever another character like him?

Jax Teller-I just found the character HAWT and I don't even care for blondes.

Melinda Gordon-okay, not really. I just want to own an antique store and wear designer clothes every day and have everyone around me help me with my ghost problems in my candle-lit home with my fabulous, attentive doctor husband.

The Connors-all of them individually and with each other. Darlene was probably my favorite-they gave her the darkest lines but the best. Dan and Roseanne together were the best couple on TV IMHO but they all played so well with each other I forgot they were actors frequently. Jackie was so real to me, the sister who hung out constantly and never had a real job.

Now I'm gonna read all of yours.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, Cerina said:

Who do you think is/are the best character(s) to ever grace the small screen?

My top 3 in no particular order are:

Karen Walker (Will & Grace)
Ron Swanson (Parks & Rec)
David Rose (Schitt's Creek)

I just watched a couple episodes of Will and Grace on purpose and I don't know how you could deal with Karen's voice.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:04 PM, Tank said:

This is way to open. I need something— genre, era, drama vs sitcom. I just can’t! How do I put Agent Cooper, Spock, BoJack Horseman, Darlene Connor, and Saul Goodman on the same list?

Darlene Connor!!! I'm thinking of the episode in which Fisher beats up Jackie and Dan walks into the house, asking Darlene what's going on and she says something about Jackie upstairs after the doctor gave her something to make her sleep. Dan asks 'what about DJ?" and Darlene says "I didn't know I had that option"

zambingo already said Kermit but I'd add Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and his chicken wife, Rowlf, Scooter, Pepino Rodrigo Serrano Gonzales, the entirety of The Electric Mayhem, Dr. Honeydew and Beaker, Sam the Eagle, Lew Zealand, the Swedish Chef, Sweetums, everyone, all the Muppets really.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.