Ongoing Scouting Drama

Cerina

I get that they’re trying to keep one kid out, which is bad enough, but that language says my son wouldn’t be welcome in that troop. Hell, I don’t think anyone on Nightly could qualify.

11 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

So what are they so afraid of that they want this kid's parents there at all times? I'm seriously confused. Also, how does this child fall into any of those categories? 

My guess would be it’s more to discourage the parents. “If you do this, you have to do everything!”

I have no idea. I think maybe they're thinking they're setting a new precedent? During our meeting this past weekend, I did repeatedly mention that we can treat any accommodations for a trans scout (requested by the parents) the same way we do accommodations for special needs. 

I seriously don't know wtf. This language wouldn't fly with most of the troop if they saw it. I already put my foot down and told them that this paragraph will not be used and we have to include something more inclusive. 

3 hours ago, Cerina said:

I have no idea. I think maybe they're thinking they're setting a new precedent? During our meeting this past weekend, I did repeatedly mention that we can treat any accommodations for a trans scout (requested by the parents) the same way we do accommodations for special needs. 

I seriously don't know wtf. This language wouldn't fly with most of the troop if they saw it. I already put my foot down and told them that this paragraph will not be used and we have to include something more inclusive. 

Way to go!

That’s fortunate news. After reading that draft you published here, I mean I’m not a lawyer, but I was like does this even align with the ADA? Is that even applicable? etc. etc. Anyway, it’s good to know someone is helping you. Let’s hear it for friends in high places.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Cerina said:

The trans scout decided to join a different troop. 

Sad, but probably the best option for them, rather than joining a troop where they’re not being welcomed. 

On 4/9/2021 at 12:35 PM, Cerina said:

The trans scout decided to join a different troop. 

Is the troop going to shrug it off or are they going to figure out how to be more inclusive from the start so this doesn't happen again?

At this point, I'm looking for any excuse to replace the people who were a problem this time around. I'm also looking for replacements for a few key positions. This won't happen again while we're still here. But we're moving within the year, so I'm doing everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen after then either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well things are rolling now. 

I got a phone call from the president of our homeschool association. These bitches tried to oust me and replace me behind my back.

So I called together a meeting of my friends and other people I know aren't happy with current leadership, and now they're calling a meeting of their own with everyone to voice their opinions.  

The thing is we're moving this year anyway. Everybody knows this. If they were smart, they would have just waited us out (and I say "us" because most of their complaints seem to be centered around Trevor and his unfiltered mouth this time and not anything I've done necessarily) or approached it like "hey, Christine is interested in being COR next. I know you've got a lot on your plate right now. Would you be interested in starting that transition now and she can help relieve some of that?"

I don't have any objections to having someone else take this position (it needs to happen anyway), and I don't have any objections to the lady they're trying to replace me with. So this was just stupid on their part, because now, I just had to tell everyone what is going on and it's energized people who have been low-key perturbed by current leadership into being royally pissed and ready to fight them. 

Like I predicted from the beginning, they're out to make me the bad guy. They're just not very good at it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Found out today that the scoutmaster of our girl troop has been telling the other bitches that Trevor threatened her and that she's now scared to attend campouts and other functions with him there. I just can't even at this point. how high wtf GIF

People like that take anyone disagreeing with them as a threat. It’s holding up a mirror to what they want to do to people they disagree with. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.