How’s late pandemic life treating you?

Iceheart

Yeah, not going to lie, I kind of don't want to put my kids in summer camps. Not just because of the virus, but because it saves me a shit-ton of money and I really don't trust people with my son. We may just need to burn a lot of vacation time this summer. And with us likely being hybrid at work, a nanny seems like a pain in the ass because we will be home anyway.

I have definitely had dreams where I was out and had forgotten my mask and there were a bunch of people. Its the new "I showed up someplace naked" anxiety dream. 

8 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Hey I know there's a whole lot of other shitty stuff on here, but I hadn't realized you guys had to put Murphy down. Just wanted to say I'm truly sorry to hear.

Thanks.  We both brought a dog into the marriage.  Murphy (hers) and Murray (mine).  Murray is still going strong and at this rate he will live to 30.  But I know how things go south fast.  

8 hours ago, Copper said:

Things are mostly good for me. I got my first shot two weeks ago so that's nice. We're hoping that by the end of summer Covid will be in control enough that we can put my kid into preschool. My husband has been a stay at home dad for most of the last year now, and that's been a hard transition for him but he's actually really enjoying it now. 

I did have a total covid anxiety dream the other night where I went over to a friends house and she had like 100 people over with no masks on, so yay anxiety! 

I'm looking foward to seeing my family without a mask on. I'm hopeful that we'll get the pandemic under control. I have an amazing kid.

(Also, uh, hi guys. I was inspired to come back and say hi because of a Twitter thread!)

I hope you’ll stay around! We’re much less horrible than we used to be.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:33 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

I was wondering, have any of you gone back into the office? Or are most of you still working from home?

When I got my current job in September, I was required to go back to the office then. Though I do have some flexibility to work from home when needed - I wfh for five weeks in December/January when I couldn't get out of bed, and I've had to wfh through some doctors appointments since then, as well as the day we rescued Moon.

On 3/13/2021 at 2:53 AM, Zathras said:

Welcome back, Kotter Copper!

Thank you!!

On 3/13/2021 at 6:07 AM, Fozzie said:

I hope you’ll stay around! We’re much less horrible than we used to be.

Hey, that's good to hear. I'll try to remember to peek back in here- I'm out of practice so we'll see how that goes!

On 3/13/2021 at 6:13 AM, RUAJedi2 said:

The lies you tell....

Also, hey Copper!

Hey Jedi! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.