Are they a "Superstar"?

Metropolis

One of the things you do when your ratch NXT(or AEW to an extent) is figuring out if a wrestler will become a star. Example, i thought Damien Priest had the build, but was weary of his look. The S&M tights for the most part. Since his call up he's been very good. Pairing him with a rapper hasn't hindered him. He has a lot of potential.

Along with Priest, Rhea Ripley was called up as well. Other than the Royal Rumble, she has yet to make a television appearance. Now all of the wrestling sites are calling out WWE predictably. Since we're saying they've ruined her before she even debuts. 

I'm going to make a different observation. Ripley had struggled since she lost to Charlotte at WrestleMania last year. Not because of Charlotte, but because she hasn't been compelling outside of the title picture. She excelled chasing Shaina. She was the next big thing that conquered the beast. She was good going after Io Shirai. Even though she was never suppose to beat Io, i came out of that thinking it would have been a crime if she did best Io. Her goal was to put over Raquel Gonzalez and she did. Now knowing she is in the main roster i can't see a place for her....yet. She didn't go after Charlotte now so it's a good idea to put her on SmackDown. Where does she for in though? Inserting her into the title picture diminishes Belair. Is she good enough to carry a mid card story? Is she Matt Riddle or Keith Lee? If you want hey to be Keith Lee then you have to hold her out until Mania. Thrusting her into a title picture if you're not going to give it to her. 

I'm still of the opinion the women need a show their own with the main parts making it into Raw and SmackDown storylines.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.