Cerina, Spam, Jacen...how ya'll doing in Texas.

Hobbes

Ok, so this is basically what we need. 

1/2" and 3/4" elbows, couplings, and pipes for copper pipes, CPVC pipes, and PEX pipes(tubes)
fuel for brazing OR a new hose setup
CPVC glue
CPVC ball valves

Full disclosure: most of the CPVC needs are for my cousin's house where my elderly grandparents are currently being housed, so I consider them mostly the most important. We can't find any of that here to get their water back on. 

Here's where things get kinda wonky. The PEX can replace copper pipes and is sold in a roll like water hose. It's more expensive but massively easier to ship, but it does require extra fittings to transition from copper to PEX and back (but no elbows since it's flexible). So if he has that, he'll need less copper pipe and fittings. Copper and CPVC pipes are typically sold in 10' sticks or 2' sticks. It's much cheaper to buy the 10', but that's a shipping nightmare, but you might get somewhere like Home Depot or Lowes to cut them down for you.

The other issue is fuel to braze the copper pipes. He's been using the little tanks for portability, but I don't know if you'd be able to ship them. He has larger tanks he can use, but we don't have the hose setup to actually use it (I don't know if it broke or was lost somewhere). So I put both on the wish list below, but it's either/or. (But, again, PEX doesn't require as much brazing, just on the transitions.) 

I made a wish list, but Home Depot only let me add one size of some of the packs of fittings. We really need BOTH 3/4" and 1/2" fittings.

This is an ultimate wish list (missing only what I mentioned above) with estimated quantities needed (but don't feel like you need to buy the maximum). I included everything I could. Feel free to mix and match, but bear in mind that he'll need more of a mix rather than all of one type of thing. Ex. - it's better to have one each of the copper pipes, elbow packs, and coupler packs in a single size than all different sized couplers but no pipes. I hope that makes sense. (I literally just learned more about plumbing than I ever wanted to know, but it's still a lot.) 

https://www.homedepot.com/b2b/account/view/list/details/shared/932807f0-730f-11eb-bb2b-eb5bc1a93748 

So again, thank you all so much! Really, you're awesome and anything we get will be better than what we have available right now. 

Sad The Office GIF

Thanks guys! I live over in the NE side close to NE Baptist on Starcrest and 410. Tina's dialysis is in Marymont tomorrow. I'm praying for non icy roads. We're good on supplies at least for a while. Just send super good jujus. 

Cereese if I had the money I would add to it. I am in the same boat and there's not much supplies to be had her in San Antonio. 

1 hour ago, Cerina said:

Ok, so this is basically what we need. 

1/2" and 3/4" elbows, couplings, and pipes for copper pipes, CPVC pipes, and PEX pipes(tubes)
fuel for brazing OR a new hose setup
CPVC glue
CPVC ball valves

Full disclosure: most of the CPVC needs are for my cousin's house where my elderly grandparents are currently being housed, so I consider them mostly the most important. We can't find any of that here to get their water back on. 

Here's where things get kinda wonky. The PEX can replace copper pipes and is sold in a roll like water hose. It's more expensive but massively easier to ship, but it does require extra fittings to transition from copper to PEX and back (but no elbows since it's flexible). So if he has that, he'll need less copper pipe and fittings. Copper and CPVC pipes are typically sold in 10' sticks or 2' sticks. It's much cheaper to buy the 10', but that's a shipping nightmare, but you might get somewhere like Home Depot or Lowes to cut them down for you.

The other issue is fuel to braze the copper pipes. He's been using the little tanks for portability, but I don't know if you'd be able to ship them. He has larger tanks he can use, but we don't have the hose setup to actually use it (I don't know if it broke or was lost somewhere). So I put both on the wish list below, but it's either/or. (But, again, PEX doesn't require as much brazing, just on the transitions.) 

I made a wish list, but Home Depot only let me add one size of some of the packs of fittings. We really need BOTH 3/4" and 1/2" fittings.

This is an ultimate wish list (missing only what I mentioned above) with estimated quantities needed (but don't feel like you need to buy the maximum). I included everything I could. Feel free to mix and match, but bear in mind that he'll need more of a mix rather than all of one type of thing. Ex. - it's better to have one each of the copper pipes, elbow packs, and coupler packs in a single size than all different sized couplers but no pipes. I hope that makes sense. (I literally just learned more about plumbing than I ever wanted to know, but it's still a lot.) 

https://www.homedepot.com/b2b/account/view/list/details/shared/932807f0-730f-11eb-bb2b-eb5bc1a93748 

So again, thank you all so much! Really, you're awesome and anything we get will be better than what we have available right now. 

Sad The Office GIF

Okay...I’m looking at the list and looking up weight and the cost of shipping is considerably more than the items.  

So priority wise...what is some small stuff I can buy a lot of and ship for fairly cheap?  Overnighting like a letter is $40.  Just trying to see what I can get that will help the most.  

1 hour ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Can we ship direct from Home Depot and just pay for expedited shipping?

I think Home Depot only allows pick up.  Is there another online retailer that will ship?  I looked for the parts on Amazon and see some success but some of the parts are perfect matched and I am too stupid about this to know if I’m getting the right parts.

Oh crap. I didn't even think about weight! I'm sorry. I just kept thinking about how to get pipes to fit into a box! *face palm*

Home Depot does deliver, but I'm not sure if it comes from a local warehouse or what. Let me see if we can find things on Amazon. 

44 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Just popping in to say that I'm very sorry this happened to you, and that I hope and pray for things to turn around for you very soon. God bless.

Thank you. 

So most of this is also available on Amazon, but the delivery date is from the 27th into the first week of March. So that's not much faster. :( Now I'm not sure what to do. I'm sorry, y'all. It sounded like a good idea in my head. 

We don't even know which way is up lately. I didn't know that today was Friday until like 2 hours ago. Trevor actually called a customer to walk her through how to cut off her water and drain her pipes before the freeze tonight. She told him that she just was going to do what she did last night, and he kept thinking that was stupid since her pipes burst last night and he patched them this morning. Turns out, he fixed them yesterday and showed her how to do all of this yesterday. And then we all learned that in our efforts to conserve everything, none of us have bathed since Monday...:green:

10 hours ago, Cerina said:

Thank you. 

So most of this is also available on Amazon, but the delivery date is from the 27th into the first week of March. So that's not much faster. :( Now I'm not sure what to do. I'm sorry, y'all. It sounded like a good idea in my head. 

We don't even know which way is up lately. I didn't know that today was Friday until like 2 hours ago. Trevor actually called a customer to walk her through how to cut off her water and drain her pipes before the freeze tonight. She told him that she just was going to do what she did last night, and he kept thinking that was stupid since her pipes burst last night and he patched them this morning. Turns out, he fixed them yesterday and showed her how to do all of this yesterday. And then we all learned that in our efforts to conserve everything, none of us have bathed since Monday...:green:

What if we could all get you an Air BnB for a few nights that has running water and such?

We have running water and power now. So we're good to stay here. 

Noah lost his bed and dressers. He also lost a few games and card games and a lot of clothes. Most of the clothes were getting to be too small anyway since he's grown so much this past year (tweens...ugh) and the pandemic keeps us from being able to shop and try things on like normal. 

If you guys would like to contribute to Noah's new furniture and mattress or new clothing funds, I'm running out of reasons to not accept help(I'm really not good at accepting help, y'all. Really.) Our insurance deductible is $500 and I don't know what to expect to receive from them. 

PayPal: cereese82@yahoo.com

Venmo: @Cereese-Hollen

Still no water for us. I opened the windows today to get fresh air in the house. It's almost 60 right now. It's weird. I think 43 degrees is balmy.  The cats are hyper because the windows are open.

Today I'm going to try and turn the water on at the switch to my house and see if pipes have thawed out and if I don't have leaks so we can assess if I need to go somewhere to get a shower as school will start tomorrow. 

My Step-Mom told me we will be offensive to people in the grocery store today. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE in SA has bad hair and pimples and stinks a little. It was just so odd for her to freak out about not showering. I feel like that's the least of my worries as I will have to get gross anyways to do some work around the house. The garbage piled up so bad and because we haven't had trash service in a week it's all over the road. Today I plan to go out while still not showered and throw some in the empty dumpster (a trash truck made it today) to help our maintenance man out since he had a hernia and it's hard for him to do heavy lifting.

No lines at HEB today.

Also F Ted Cruz. I hope that trip to Mexico hurts is reelection and career. AOC is in Houston distributing at a Food Bank and raised 4 million dollars and Beto O'Roarke is driving to Austin with a ton of bottled water while Ted Cruz continues his ways of appeasing the persons he sucks up to the most and his wife and kids.

To go back to my Step-Mom's comments I am kind of freaked out she would say that. I mean there are third world countries who are worse off than us. Bringing toilet water in from the pool or having to buy water or not be able to take a shower pales in comparison to the people who are leaving places to try and come here and were blocked by the Trump administration for wanting a better life. This is just a minor inconvenience and I will have things back to normal soon but the do things like have to go to a well to get water EVERY DAY. It's about perspective I guess but I am grateful I have friends like you guys and people off line that reach out and try and help. 

22 hours ago, Cerina said:

We have running water and power now. So we're good to stay here. 

Noah lost his bed and dressers. He also lost a few games and card games and a lot of clothes. Most of the clothes were getting to be too small anyway since he's grown so much this past year (tweens...ugh) and the pandemic keeps us from being able to shop and try things on like normal. 

If you guys would like to contribute to Noah's new furniture and mattress or new clothing funds, I'm running out of reasons to not accept help(I'm really not good at accepting help, y'all. Really.) Our insurance deductible is $500 and I don't know what to expect to receive from them. 

PayPal: cereese82@yahoo.com

Venmo: @Cereese-Hollen

sent some to paypal

SOoooooo still with no water. UGH. Because I don't call endlessly to harrass the management company we're the last ones in the building to get our water back I guess. Even people who live in Mexico and are not here because the border is closed are getting their water before us. It's just that I want to wash laundry. And have clean dishes. And live non third world lives. I swear to god.  I also still have not received my electric bill. 

To cheer my sister up I drove up to Boerne with her to get her hair cut and washed today. A lady at our church does hair and it also helps her out too.

I hear the sound of plumbers taking out sheet rock next door. The architect of this stupid complex needs to be shot. I don't care if a freeze like this happens once in a blue moon. Two other buildings in my complex kept their water because they were built to a different standard than the other three buildings but ours was the dumbest. Non-insulated pipes running on non-heated walls and cheap on off valves. None of the plumbing was done in the slab. It's all walls. And five of the units are unoccupied. I'm probably going to have rain coming down from above because the young kids above us are dumb (they also don't pick up their big dog poop and are cloggers from hell who also have a baby who screams in a mostly 55+ condo complex). I'm about to cry. I can't schleps the waters any more. Tina feels bad because she's not able to carry heavy buckets but she has the most flushes because she is on a strict diet that makes her have loose poops right now for her tummy.

1 hour ago, Ms. Spam said:

And we did have water raining down on us from above. I CAN'T DO THIS. I am so angry. It's so hard to sit here doing school lessons with my kiddos and not want to rage about water.

Let us know what we can do to help. Even if it's just to listen to you vent. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.