Cyber blackmail

So a couple days ago I was assigned an “action item” in a Google Doc. Basically someone with horrible English claiming they hacked my computer and have my internet history and they’ll send it to everyone I know (because of course they have all of the email addresses too!) unless I send them $900 in Bitcoin.

Now, I may not want everyone to know how many words I Google for spelling or trying to explain the meaning to my kids, but I don’t have anything to hide. And there’s no indication of anything like that on my system or network logs, and the chances of it happening are ridiculously slim no matter what. So there’s no danger of anything being exposed, and there’s no real danger that anyone has accessed my computer. But, still, that was on Thursday and they gave me two days to pay so we’ll see if they send me another thing.

I did pass it all on to the FBI. And someone did send them money, I was able to look up the Bitcoin wallet. 

8 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

yeah nah you're fine. blackmail scams never actually follow through.

I kinda wish it would happen. I laughed when I read it because it referenced my “CARNAL desires” and I was thinking “You gonna share that I look at restaurants?”

I’m not perfect, but blackmailing me makes no sense. But they’re obviously going with the scatter shot method since they’ve transferred over $200k in Bitcoin over the past few days

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.