Marilyn Manson in Hot Water

Zerimar Nyliram

I’m a fan since the 90s as well, and while I haven’t met him I know a few people who have worked with him and always talked about how well spoken and polite he is. Granted this is the TV/movie world, so maybe he was on his best behavior, but... despite what he did on stage of sang about or portrayed in his videos, there’s enough evidence that that could have been part of an act. I always assumed it was kind of like pro wrestling where on stage he was a greatly exaggerated version of himself. If he presented himself as sane but peculiar I think a lot of people could be drawn in.

I also think he’s gone off the rails. He’s clearly physically deteriorated from drug abuse. Dita Von Teese said, (while not discounting ERW) that he never did anything like that to her in their time together. I think he just did way too many drugs and started to buy into his own act, and his performative rockstar side has taken over.

You can’t fall for you own act and not grow up a little without becoming a monster. Compare Manson to Reznor who’s now a tuxedo wearing, Oscar winning, family man who’s evolved his music and to being more mature and less edgelord.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally. Manson is a coke n booze bloated sack of meat now, much like Johnny Depp. They've both attained that level of fame and drug addiction that has made them buy into their personas completely, that completely bat-shit level of disconnection from reality. Life imitating art imitating life and art n shit. It's kind of sad if they didn't make themselves so unlikable in the process.

I saw Manson in the Mechanical Animals tour. Preeetty siiick show I must say. Think it was 99..maybe? Blew my 15 year old mind. Rammstein and Hole played the same festival. Think it went Hole, Rammstein, then Manson. Back to back 90s alt rock carnage. 

This is a man who urinated on crowds, stabbed himself with a broken beer bottle, smoked ground human bones, gyrated his genitals on a security guards head, slit his wrists onstage, cut himself 158 times for every missed call to ERW. Like seriously if you date this man what are you expecting the experience to be? White picket fences... ? 

Still doesn’t matter. Even if she was into his behavior, if at some point she said she was done, end of story.

I get your point, but it’s just too much like saying if a woman dresses slutty she shouldn’t be surprised if she is raped.

44 minutes ago, Shockey666 said:

This is a man who urinated on crowds, stabbed himself with a broken beer bottle, smoked ground human bones, gyrated his genitals on a security guards head, slit his wrists onstage, cut himself 158 times for every missed call to ERW. Like seriously if you date this man what are you expecting the experience to be? White picket fences... ? 

I mean this is just straight up victim blaming, no two ways about it. Let’s just conveniently forget she was 18 when they were dating and he was 18 years her senior. So when she says now she was emotionally manipulated and groomed, pretty hard not to believe. 

12 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

I mean this is just straight up victim blaming, no two ways about it. Let’s just conveniently forget she was 18 when they were dating and he was 18 years her senior. So when she says now she was emotionally manipulated and groomed, pretty hard not to believe. 

Never once said I don't believe her. In fact I believe everything she and the other victims say. I'm saying I am not shocked in the least at any of it.

I'm not coming from an angle of "blame" it's more of an angle of "expectation". This is a man who's memoirs and on stage behavior openly express a desire for domination, perversion, kink, and quite openly and honestly rape. These women entered into these relationships knowingly and accepting what was predominantly professed and common knowledge known about this man from his own mouth. He's violent, he's perverse, he mutilates himself, he's demented and possibly suicidal. I'm excusing ERW since she was so young and impressionable. Ashley Smithline had to know what he WAS a monster when she started seeing him. I'm not defending him... he's a monster. But he openly confessed himself to be a monster and a perverse sex fiend from the start and they still willingly entered into a relationship with him. 

You white knights know I am right, but you cannot openly agree because you're too "woke" to admit the truth. You're silenced by political correctness and cancel culture. Call it "victim blaming"... no I do not agree to that title. I'm not blaming them.. more so I questioning them. What did they expect the relationship would be? 

Thing is though, he's not a monster. He's just a man. There are no such thing as monsters, just people and their shitty behaviour. 

Half the shit you listed, Shockey, was just performance art. And yeah you can argue how much of his true self is tied up in his persona but at the end of the day, if you're getting kinky with your partner and they want out or to stop, you do what they say. Being an edge lord goth "monster" doesn't justify or excuse rape.

It doesn't matter about expectations, or whether or not you think these women were stupid for dating Manson, you just don't rape people. Period. Pretty simple boundary to understand. 

Monster:

a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.

any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.

any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.

a person who excites horror by wickedness, cruelty, etc.

any animal or thing huge in size.

Words have multiple meanings. Referring to Manson as a monster alludes to his behaviors, cruelty, and wickedness. Of course I am not referring to him in the form of a mystical being. This is a MAN who professed his fascination with rape in his memoirs as well as on stage. Like literally go and watch the videos the OP posted. 

On 5/28/2021 at 2:38 AM, Odine said:

It doesn't matter about expectations, or whether or not you think these women were stupid for dating Manson, you just don't rape people. Period. Pretty simple boundary to understand. 

Who the fuck is disputing this? Why did you feel the need to post this? I have not once defended him. He's a total piece of shit. And I feel embarrassed that I once revered him and his music. 

On 5/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, Jedigoat said:

"I'm not saying the women had it coming, but......"

Stop with this non sequitor bullshit. I have not once blamed these women. I came from a household of abuse. I knew exactly why my mom chose to stay in the relationship. Except my Mom had no idea my dad was a monster when she married him. His evils appeared long after she was married and had children.
Manson was openly professing his fascination with violence and rape on stage, and in his memoirs. This was not an Armie Hammer type situation where a man presents himself as normal and decent yet hides a fiendish addiction. Manson OPENLY professed these desired as early as 1996. I recall him in concert joking about rape on stage. There is no defending this man... I will not listen to his music to this day now that I know who he truly is...

I’m not at all surprised by the recent allegations against Manson, and I believe them all, but he also carefully cultivated a second persona where he was secretly this super nice guy in real life, but it was like an open secret that got brought up all the time. The character of Marilyn Manson was horrible, but the man playing the character was supposedly not.

8 hours ago, Shockey666 said:

Who the fuck is disputing this? Why did you feel the need to post this? I have not once defended him. He's a total piece of shit. And I feel embarrassed that I once revered him and his music. 

You're a pube's width away from absolute victim blaming. That's why I felt the need to post that. 

What did they expect? Probably a relationship based on whatever niceties he professed to said women when he met them, and being that Manson is a performative art character and Brian Warner is the person, perhaps he led them to believe he was not an abusive rapist? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.