Star Wars music

The Choc

I Like this one quite a bit...

Songs/themes from other movies that would have made good Star Wars themes.  This one would make a great space battle scene involving 2 capital ships from opposing sides:

Perfect for a battle scene involving legions of jedi VS a phalanx of Sith lords. I literally cannot listen to this song while driving, without fighting an urge to brandish a battle ax and behead other motorists on the interstate!

I’m always partial to the Bespin theme in ESB (“The City in the Clouds” from a quick check of my cd). Specifically when the Falcon crew first arrive and walk through the city - full of hopeful sounds before it all starts going wrong!

Brings back nice childhood memories of watching that great film! :yes:

16 hours ago, Zathras said:

I had the PS1 version of Dark Forces.  Loved that game! It leaned heavy into the stock sounds (which is awesome for its time, really), and kept a star wars world feel.  In fact it's styling cues influence modern star wars. 

Oh dude, I feel you. For years I had a PC that simply would not run the original Dark Forces, so I got in on PlayStation, which was decent. But then when Steam came along, I got it on PC, and let me tell you, it felt like playing the game for the first time again. I finally knew how all those gamers back in 1995 felt and was totally blown away. I was also relieved to find that my threshold for what is impressive PC gaming has not changed with technological advances, which is probably due to my age and the games I grew up with. I'd imagine someone in their teens or twenties would not have had the same experience. I was thankful that I did, even if it came a little later than it did for most people.

Yeah, the port on the PS1 version downgraded its graphics a bit, but was still fun.   It was back in the days when you had PS1 vs N64.  N64 had Shadows of the Empire, and I went with the PS1, so that meant DF, which I think was the superior game, even on PS1.  As for modern vs classic games, I a m by far a classic guy.  I love the advancements in graphics, but I find modern games a bit boring to play, because many use the same engines, and game play doesn't vary.  For example, pick any FPS, and they play all the same.  Sure, DF was a FPS too, but it was Star Wars, in an era there was no new films on the horizon.  That made it stand out for me. 

On 2/21/2021 at 12:15 PM, Rogue 3 said:

I’m always partial to the Bespin theme in ESB (“The City in the Clouds” from a quick check of my cd). Specifically when the Falcon crew first arrive and walk through the city - full of hopeful sounds before it all starts going wrong!

Brings back nice childhood memories of watching that great film! :yes:

ESB, overall, is the best soundtrack.   Asteroid Chase, The Battle of Hoth and Cloud City being standouts to me.  Oh, and the crescendo when Yoda pulls the X-Wing out of the swamp!

18 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

ESB, overall, is the best soundtrack.   Asteroid Chase, The Battle of Hoth and Cloud City being standouts to me.  Oh, and the crescendo when Yoda pulls the X-Wing out of the swamp!

Couldn't agree more!  Just reading the above, I hear the tunes so clearly!  Great way to start the day, so thank you for that!

Amazing to think of how literally all the elements to that film came together so well to produce the perfect sequel after the incredible success of the first film isn't it?   And for it to be over 40 years old and hold up so well when a lot more recent effects based films do not.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.