Godzilla VS Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zathras

57 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Only thing I don’t like about this concept is Kong being anywhere near the size of Godzilla, because he just isn’t. But otherwise hell fucking yeah let’s fuck some shit up 

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

Honestly, I can’t get past the scaling issue.

Well, this version of Kong was said to be "still growing," in Skull Island, so he is more like the Toho kong.  He was some 100 feet tall in that movie, which is at least twice as tall as all the 1933, 1976, and 2005 Kongs, and this is nearly 45 years after Skull island.  Also, I am sure we will get some kind of explanation.  Radiation, or what not.  We are talking about a film with a giant ape and a giant atomic breath lizard, after all, so I will just roll with it.

One scaling problem I did have initially was Kong and G fighting on an aircraft carrier.   In Godzilla 2014, Godzilla swims under one, and dwarfs it.  But then again, considering the Ford Class aircraft carriers are 1100 feet long,  and Godzilla is about 400 feet tall. He does look roughly 1/3 the size of the aircraft carrier.  Kong looks like he is around 375 feet tall, maybe a bit more.  So, I wonder if either a) the new aircraft carrier is a larger class, or b) the scaling was off for Godzilla 2014, instead.

I don’t mind them being the same size, I just need it to track between Skull Island and this one.

Oddly, I loved Skull Island, but have watched none of the Godzilla movies after hearing how terrible the first one in this series was.

Godzilla KOTM is definitely worth a watch, if you liked Skull Island or the first Pacific Rim movie.  Godzilla 2014 was a lot of missed opportunities, but was an OKAY film. Both films have dumb human drama, but so do the TOHO films.  You watch these films for the monster fights.  I think G2014 disappointed some, because Godzilla was not in it much, and the MUTOs didn't excite anyone.  But KOTM hits the ground running, and the fight scenes between Godzilla and Ghidorah are epic.  YOu can totally watch KOTM without G2014.

Also, it is clear that in the new movies Godzilla has only the weakest understanding of humanity and sees us, if at all, as little more than commensal organisms at best on the skin of the ecosystem it bestrides. Kong seems more capable of understanding us, valuing us, and responding to us. In a sense he is us, just bigger and stronger. Godzilla is more like Moby Dick. I think the raw nihilism of Godzilla will triumph over the humanity embodied by King Kong. Kong feels love, love for beauty, but Godzilla can feel nothing but rage at his fellow monsters. Please do not ♥ this post.  Be like Godzilla! Show no love for nobody!

On 1/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, Tank said:

Based on absolutely zero evidence my guess is they will team up to fight an unrevealed monster villain.

On 1/24/2021 at 9:18 PM, Zathras said:

I don't want to spoil with what I have read, but I think you might be right Tank.

Okay, I have reconsidered. That makes more sense!

5 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

I don't remember the previous Godzilla movie.  Isn't there a post credit scene that shows one of the heads of Ghidorah being purchased by the stereotypical evil human?

I also don't remember but that sounds familiar!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.