Wandavision

Tank

52 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Part of me thinks its the second Vision and Paul Bettany's been trolling by saying it's an actor he always wanted to work with--himself. I kinda hope so. That'd be hilarious.

I’m 100% on this. Even if there’s another cameo that fits and Paul Bettany shows up at my house and tells me it was that person, I’m gonna still believe that it’s Paul Bettany.

48 minutes ago, Tank said:

I'm with you on being all for whatever pisses off the type of fan who gets mad when their theory doesn't pan out.

I was definitely thinking Mojo as well at first, until it became a little more clear Wanda was in control... or is she? If it was "Agatha all along" why is she asking Wanda HOW YOU DO THAT.

I think it’s pretty clear that Wanda made everything, but it’s been Agatha screwing stuff up for reasons. 

I'm guessing Agatha is the witness protection person who they were checking on at the beginning, and it's comic book coincidence that Wanda en-hexed her as well. From there she got curious and began manipulating Wanda and circumstances to dig deeper. But I need to rewatch this last episode because now I cannot remember how and why Wanda wound up in that particular town. 

1 hour ago, Cerina said:

I'm guessing Agatha is the witness protection person who they were checking on at the beginning, and it's comic book coincidence that Wanda en-hexed her as well. From there she got curious and began manipulating Wanda and circumstances to dig deeper. But I need to rewatch this last episode because now I cannot remember how and why Wanda wound up in that particular town. 

Because Vision bought the plot of land to build a house for them to grow old in.

23 hours ago, zambingo said:

I don’t think we’re watching Wanda & Fam go thru this just to then have her dead.

22 hours ago, Tank said:

Putting in quotes tells me you're not being literal, but she;'s likely to become "Scarlet Witch" in the finale and she's been confirmed for the next Dr Strange movie. They're not killing her off, and it's looking likely they are bringing Vision back.

What!? Yeah, I don't think this is the end of Elizabeth Olsen playing the role. I think she's going to 'die' tomorrow morning (or, for me, next week) and be back for WandaVision Season 2 or whatever else is coming down the pipeline. I think the story is building towards a kind of death, a Marvel style death but a death all the same, y'know? They're going to kill her off but she's only going to be 'killed'.

The most dramatic thing they could do is bring Vision back via the White Vision, but he's not going to be the same and love her.

Also, it would be a risk, but I don't know if the kids will make it out. They aren't real... are they?

• I'm not ruling out the kids phlllurrrrrping out of existence w/the rest of Westview but that wouldn't quite prompt the same level of outrage & Internet discourse as what I assume is going to go down.
  • I wasn't thinking of it before but if the White Vision is the one that merks her that'd work real well. She incarnates a monochrome version of her dead husband which causes a series of events that eventually brings into being another materially real-er monochrome version of her dead husband that ends up killing her. Then, afterwards, the fake version of her dead husband (it kind of seems like the Infinity Stone figured out it was going to eventually be destroyed and maybe gave Wanda powers in order to allow the intelligences nested within it to resurrect themselves afterwards) can join w/the real killer version of her dead husband.

I’m super glad White Vision wasn’t Ultron, but seeing as how he was Vision without memories that make him Vision, I’m calling it a win when I said he would be closer to Ultron than Vision. I liked the way they resolved it. Vision is back sort of. So, yeah, Tony and Natasha are the only two real deaths.

Giant flaming runes, Batman!

I definitely prefer Wanda’s prison for Agnes over Strange doing it.

Heartbreaking goodbye to the family. 

And I was wrong on pretty much every point and I’m super glad I was.

Theres are two mid credits scenes on this one. First one looks like a set up for CM2, the second one I’m guessing is more of a set up for DS2. The second one was a little confusing.

I was glad Strange didn’t just show up to save the day, but given all big magic fireworks you’d think he would have showed up. That second button would have been the place for it. I was expecting her to show up on Bleeker street asking for help.

To be fair though, all of that could be seeded in DS2 just as easily.

Not sure if the Monica/Skrull button was setting up CM2 or the Secret Wars show— not sure which is coming first.

I have a quibble about the Pietro resolution, that being it felt cheap. I dunno what could have been different or anything and don’t have the energy or desire to imagine what if.

I also have a quibble that the only apparent consequences for Wanda are that imaginary people are actually imaginary... well, I suppose that is to be seen given the second credits teaser. As it is I can’t look at her as a hero or someone I’d want to cheer for, not without penance at least. It’s almost a shame that Magneto isn’t her father because she is a chip off that block for sure. And yes, I know she is like this in the comics, I disliked those crossover events too. I know they were successful and beloved, just not my thing.

Other than that, this was a super quality show. I really really adored how they broke the Marvel mold and yet it all felt totally Marvel. This type of risk by Marvel and similarly with the new Superman show (where he is old, married and with teen sons) by DC is the type of stuff I hope to see more off. Just do something different that is still with the characters we know.

Since this show was full of nods to classic sitcoms, has nobody else caught on that Ralph Bohner is an amalgamation of Ralph Wiggum and Boner from Growing Pains?

My oldest thinks Ralph Bohner was the witness protection case that Woo was looking for, the hole in that is he saw him as Pietro on screen in the show within the show (pretty certain)... so Woo would’ve intentionally kept that info (appropriately I guess) to himself.

So I watched it again last night with my wife and Pietro/Bohner is sus af as the kids say.

It looks like he has a dossier on himself complete with a headshot with his name on it. Now, he could be an actor, but it’s crazy.

He’s the person in witness protection, and Woo has worked superhero detail in the past. Evans-Pietro isn’t just a nobody.

1 minute ago, zambingo said:

My oldest thinks Ralph Boehner was the witness protection case that Woo was looking for, the hole in that is he saw him as Pietro on screen (pretty certain)... so Woo would have to had intentionally kept that info (appropriately I guess) to himself.

Ha. I just posted the same thing. But Woo didn’t say anything about him, right? Darcy was the only one who commented on it?

Yeah, I don’t recall Woo saying anything about him. So if Ralph is the guy Woo was concerned about he either felt better seeing him involved in a key role within Wanda’s world (maybe figured he was protected playing Pietro), and or kept everything on the low just to ensure Ralph’s cover stayed need to know.

18 hours ago, zambingo said:

Yeah, I don’t recall Woo saying anything about him. So if Ralph is the guy Woo was concerned about he either felt better seeing him involved in a key role within Wanda’s world (maybe figured he was protected playing Pietro), and or kept everything on the low just to ensure Ralph’s cover stayed need to know.

I’d have to watch it again to see the details of what’s going on. But I don’t remember anyone but Darcy commenting. 

I know I’m probably wrong, and I’m absolutely okay with it. The simplest answer is that Ralph is just Ralph, some dude from Westview who gets taken over by Wanda and then Agatha. But until I find out differently, I’m sticking with my theory.

I liked the finale! I'm kind of a mark, I'm a rube, because, hey, there's very little they could do to actively displease me on a television show that's all about The Vision and The Scarlet Witch. But even accounting for that I thought it was pretty good stuff! I'll even go so far as to say that this is the first episode of the series to ditch the sitcom conceit that I enjoyed as much as the ones that fully embraced it.

• I didn't put it together up until now but Jimmy Woo's preoccupation with close-up hand magic makes him a fairly fitting choice for this series about One (1) Witch and Another Witch fighting each other. More than any number of already established people in the MCU, I mean, more than any of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or whatever.

• Wait, he's not Quicksilver from the X-Men movies!? He's just a guy who happens to look like Quicksilver from the X-Men movies??? Going to need some kind of Roy Thomas or Mark Gruenwald figure to come in and lay out how the MCU interacts w/earlier and/or adjacent Marvel movie adaptations. Just pages and pages of elaborate makebelieve superscience to explain away Lou Ferrigno's cameo appearance in The Incredible Hulk (2008) and how J.K. Simmons can be J. Jonah Jameson in two entirely separate timelines.

• Doing the Avengers #58  deal is one of those things that they eventually get around to (the only other thing coming to mind is Spider-Man doing the rubble push-ups from Amazing Spider-Man  #33  in Homecoming) that always just makes me surprised it hasn't come up 'til now.

• Hah hah they spent millions and millions of dollars on a story that's ultimately about a family annihilator (and the moral acceptability of torture!) and how the FBI can be trusted to rein in the military-industrial complex, lol, come on

• Wait, omigosh, who were the couple from the commercials? Were they Westview residents? Are they not even people in the way Vision and the boys are people? Did the creators of WandaVision™ realize they needed a li'l extra something something and shoot all that stuff after the fact so those actors weren't around for when they made the bulk of the show itself?

• 2 months later...

I loved pretty much everything from the acting, the concept, and you name it...it was great!  I was hooked by episode 2.  However, somewhere around episode 4, I started detecting that I was not going to like how this ends up.  The wheels started to wobble in episode 5 and by the finale the whole thing crashed and burned for me. 

Here is why...stupid villains.  How do you hatch such an incredible scheme only to give away how to beat you?  Why would she openly admit her power is to absorb other people's power?  Why not pretend you are getting destroyed only to keep getting up and only launch your attack after Wanda is drained?  Haven't they heard of rope a dope?  Also, why is Agatha explaining how to  void a witches power with runes---why not just lie and say she is in and controlling Wanda's dream--make her think she has a power she doesn't?  Once she Agatha said that to Wanda in the cave I said out loud...that's how wanda will win...trick Agatha into a room with runes. 

Also, I get nods to the fan community, but any major plot points should have an explanation...like white vision. 

Agatha thought she was working with someone who was a neophyte regular witch who had learned some phenomenal trick.  So she was basically schooling the upstart who wasn't going to survive the day anyways. She was being a bully. This isn't someone going up James Bond who knows he's a super secret agent. She knows Wanda is an Avenger, sure, but her magic seems mostly limited to basically telekinesis, which I'm guessing isn't something that Agatha takes seriously. It isn't until later that she realizes that Wanda is something special.  I mean, Agatha has probably been stealing power from other witches for centuries. Why should Wanda be special, other than we know she is because she's the star of the show?

12 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Agatha thought she was working with someone who was a neophyte regular witch who had learned some phenomenal trick.  So she was basically schooling the upstart who wasn't going to survive the day anyways. She was being a bully. This isn't someone going up James Bond who knows he's a super secret agent. She knows Wanda is an Avenger, sure, but her magic seems mostly limited to basically telekinesis, which I'm guessing isn't something that Agatha takes seriously. It isn't until later that she realizes that Wanda is something special.  I mean, Agatha has probably been stealing power from other witches for centuries. Why should Wanda be special, other than we know she is because she's the star of the show?

Maybe at the start of the show.  But she was was testing Wanda's powers the whole time.  She put the idea in her head to create life (the boys) and then she killed the dog to see if Wanda could bring him back to life.  I thought Agatha testing Wanda all along was exceptionally done well.  Agatha knew Wanda was, at the least, different and more powerful than other witches.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.