Wandavision

Tank

Kathryn Hahn is a treasure. She's so great.

So my big question with the end is... oh mam...

Was Aaron Taylor Johnson unavailable, so they get the Quicksilver from the X-Men movies and play up a "recast" joke? Or is this some low key hint of how they will bring the X-Men into the MCU?

No shade to Johnson, but Evan Peters' version was my favorite of the two, and he's also a lot more fun as an actor.

Also, Wanda's accent was subtle, but back when she went outside. Also, also, interesting that she's only been doing this for only 9 days.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Kathryn Hahn is a treasure. She's so great.

So my big question with the end is... oh mam...

Was Aaron Taylor Johnson unavailable, so they get the Quicksilver from the X-Men movies and play up a "recast" joke? Or is this some low key hint of how they will bring the X-Men into the MCU?

No shade to Johnson, but Evan Peters' version was my favorite of the two, and he's also a lot more fun as an actor.

Also, Wanda's accent was subtle, but back when she went outside. Also, also, interesting that she's only been doing this for only 9 days.

Based on what little we know about what’s going on with the next couple of movies (Spider-Man and Dr Strange), I think this is the multiverse opening up. She had created her own reality, helped along by someone, but whatever she did when she left The Hex caused a rift in reality and now another universe is connecting with her idyllic sitcom. That’s my take, anyways. 

I just hope this is the X-Men version of Quicksilver and he is brought fully into the MCU. He would fit in really well, and is a way better character than the original MCU version.

Agreed on all accounts.

Also, the hexagon shape... I feel stupid in that I needed Kat Dennings to say "the Hex" out loud for me to connect it. In the comics her powers were initially referred to as "hex magic." She's had more retcons, power changes and power nerfings than any other character.

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

Agreed on all accounts.

Also, the hexagon shape... I feel stupid in that I needed Kat Dennings to say "the Hex" out loud for me to connect it. In the comics her powers were initially referred to as "hex magic." She's had more retcons, power changes and power nerfings than any other character.

I agree, even though I don't read comics, the Witch/hex combination should have been clear. I wonder if that's all there is to it.

It's a little disappointing to me that we're just getting introduced to S.W.O.R.D. and they're already obvious villains. We just did that with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Another question:

Why is Monica’s x-ray blank? It’s obviously not a technical glitch, so is it related to her being in the Hex or is it a result of the Blip?

If it was blip related I feel like they’d know given how many people have come back and likely been seen by doctors.

I DO think it is about her getting powers, but I don’t know if it is because of the Hex or not.

One would assume they would know, but at the same time I think it's possibe that certain people could have come back wrong in some way, and not everyone who came back is getting a check-up in 3 weeks. It's hard enough to get a doctor now with COVID, imagine if 50% of the people in the world needed to see a doctor, and that number included 50% of the doctors in the world. 

I didn't much like this one but I'm going to chalk that up to circumstances not involving the actual episode itself.

• This is not my own original thought but I figured it was worth sharing as much as those, if not more so. This series is essentially the same premise as the next-to-last episode of the original run of The X-Files ('93-'02, '16, '18). The one that was written and directed by Vince Gilligan. It starred Michael Emerson as a guy w/psychic powers who recreated the house from The Brady Bunch ('69-'74).

• Don't know where it's going! Starting to wonder if the guy from the commercials is going to show up in a red'n'purple costume wearing a bucket helmet and moving metal around w/the power of his mind!

• Wait, who was the aerospace engineer Rambeau was talking about? Was that just set-up for the appearance of the eighties-style drone or something/someone else for upcoming episodes?

• I think it's apropos for Evan Peters to show up during the eighties pastiche episode since the movie he came from was ITSELF an eighties pastiche. Except, no, wait. It wasn't. He was introduced in the seventies one, X-Men : Days of Future Past (2014). He was in the eighties one, X-Men : Apocalypse (2016), but he was last seen in the nineties/00s one, X-Men : Dark Phoenix (2019). Okay, scratch that. It's not apropos! It's inapropos! It's positively inapropos-iate!

Either way the characters don't age at all in 20-30 years and it's annoying as hell. It's a big part of why I really hope this isn't a way to bring the Fox X-Men into the MCU, even just pieces of it. Deadpool sure, because he doesn't really have to follow any rules. But the rest do/should, and the MCU has done an exceptional job of making things fit together and make sense.

Per Wikipedia, Dark Phoenix is 1992. The whole deal with the First Class series being in a different decade perfectly matches this sitcom universe, though. 

Oh wait, yeah, that DOES make sense. He's a character that's been progressing through a similar set of time-focused hyper-pastiched fictive realities! Just like her! They've both been going through sort of the same kind of thing, just at different paces and on a different level.

Well that was another great one. Very Malcolm in the Middle, always loved sitcom Halloween episodes.

Looks like they confirmed this Pietro is not the X-Men universe one as he recalls the events of the MCU Quicksilver.

Either way, I’m glad— Evan Peters is so much more fun than Aaron Taylor Rogers. Both in how he plays the character and as an actor.

The “kick ass” joke was a fun nod to the fact that Peters and Rogers were both in the movie Kick Ass as vigilante superheroes.

I love this show. Seriously. 

If they don't want to connect the 2 Quicksilvers and universes in some way, they could have hired almost literally ANY OTHER ACTOR. So I'm still not going to lean that way until they spell it out, and then I'll think that they're jackasses. 

I kinda can't wait to see Darcy on the inside now. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Well that was another great one. Very Malcolm in the Middle, always loved sitcom Halloween episodes.

Looks like they confirmed this Pietro is not the X-Men universe one as he recalls the events of the MCU Quicksilver.

Either way, I’m glad— Evan Peters is so much more fun than Aaron Taylor Rogers. Both in how he plays the character and as an actor.

The “kick ass” joke was a fun nod to the fact that Peters and Rogers were both in the movie Kick Ass as vigilante superheroes.

I was trying to figure out what sitcom they were mimicking.  This one didn't seem as obvious as previous episodes.   Malcolm is a good call but that wasn't 90's. 

They should have made Wanda a 16 year old teenage surgeon. 

I feel like this episode somewhat confirmed two things:

1. It is all Wanda

2. Wanda didn’t start it

Maybe Wanda was somehow sucked in, but her power is so great that she took over. Or maybe it was just her subconscious that started it?

I liked this one! I'm surprised at how much I'm liking the show, really, because I kind of assumed after seeing the first two episodes that it'd be sort of an uphill slog for me. Much like the rest of the Marvel shows I've seen have been. I'm never in a hurry to see the most recent episode but I'm also never severely disappointed in what I see, y'know?

• I'd already seen the pictures of Wanda & Vision in bargain basement versions of their classic costumes but Quicksilver (with the hair! the hair's literally the reason him and Wanda got retconned into being Magneto's kids, right?) was new to me so the moment really popped.
  • I really liked the claymation commercial! I just find that medium really pleasing and calming. Most fun my eyeballs have had with the show since the black'n'white episodes.
  • So if the limit of the town is Ellis Avenue does that mean America in 2025 (?) is naming streets after presidents from quite recent history? Is that something that happens in America? I know, I know, I have the same access to the Internet you have. I could answer that question on my own!
  • Okay, so if Monica going in and out of the town is reconfiguring her on a molecular level each time then is that all just set-up for her getting her superpowers? Is everyone in the town and the base going to end up with superpowers too if they move back'n'forth a few times? West View Avengers, coming to Disney+! West View Avengers #1 hitting comics stores next fall!
  • I did bother to pause the playback and see what the suggested names were in the S.W.O.R.D. database in that scene where Kat Dennings was using the laptop to hack the mainframe. But when I didn't immediately recognize the names I did NOT google them to see which issue of Marvel Comics Presents or whatever they were from. I think this is a kind of progress, really.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.