How about second impeachment, Mr T****?

Ms. Spam

9 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Well, that was anti climatic.  Not that it wasn't as expected, but I had hoped there would be at least 17 republicans with souls.  

Have you considered a career doing stand-up?

Just now, Zathras said:

How dare Mitch McConnell speechify about how Trump is morally responsible, yet he actually voted to acquit.  Fucking snake.

He is disgusting. He basically said he didn't vote to convict because he's no longer the President. Who prevented the Senate from meeting to introduce articles of impeachment until after Biden was inaugurated? We should charge Mitch McConnell with obstruction of Justice and impeach him.

1 minute ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

He is disgusting. He basically said he didn't vote to convict because he's no longer the President. Who prevented the Senate from meeting to introduce articles of impeachment until after Biden was inaugurated? We should charge Mitch McConnell with obstruction of Justice and impeach him.

Agreed! I wish there were a way.  I can only hope that voting in favor of Trump bites the GOP right in the butt, and they lose seats next election. 

If you look throughout history, individual accountability is rare. Yet, history records the truth and the villains. Trump and each of those Republicans who voted to acquit just wrote their own legacy in the history books. The impeachment managers made sure that the entire story was told for posterity. 

Now we focus on the impending criminal charges and ongoing investigations. 

46 minutes ago, Cerina said:

If you look throughout history, individual accountability is rare. Yet, history records the truth and the villains. Trump and each of those Republicans who voted to acquit just wrote their own legacy in the history books. The impeachment managers made sure that the entire story was told for posterity. 

Now we focus on the impending criminal charges and ongoing investigations. 

Well said!

3 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

Acquittal from insurrection?

Impeachment. Trump drew attention to himself because his power grabs were bold and overt. I believe the slow, subtle power grabs that fly under the radar nearly every day--which every president is guilty of--are more dangerous. It's like the frog you cook: put him in hot water and he jumps out; put him in cold water and turn the heat up, and before he knows what happening, he's cooking. What I want is an awakening to the growing power of the executive branch, and for it to be held accountable with each and every incarnation.

12 hours ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Impeachment. Trump drew attention to himself because his power grabs were bold and overt. I believe the slow, subtle power grabs that fly under the radar nearly every day--which every president is guilty of--are more dangerous. It's like the frog you cook: put him in hot water and he jumps out; put him in cold water and turn the heat up, and before he knows what happening, he's cooking. What I want is an awakening to the growing power of the executive branch, and for it to be held accountable with each and every incarnation.

4 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

That isn't why trump drew attention to himself, if at all, but especially in terms of impeachable actions. 

I personally think the reason Trump's presidency was hammered by the press is because everything he does has to be antagonistic.  He always has to be the victim crusading against the deep state,  the democrats, the feminists,  the environmentalists, China, Mexico, Muslims, etc.  Tactics straight out of Mein Kampf: you need a straw man to beat up, and a scape goat to hang it on, to make it appear you are fighting the good fight.  Basically everything that is politically incorrect. Given his combative nature, it is no wonder the press went after him the way they did...because he effing deserved it.  It wasn't the overt power grabs per se, but the way he went about it that raised eyebrows.  The impeachment itself was basically a microcosm of his whole term as president, and symptomatic of his combative nature.  Personally, I think he really was trying to get the crowd to do his dirty work, sow chaos, and possibly be a means for Trump to declare martial law.  It just failed because his rioters weren't the big tough guys they like to think they are, and basically when they got their asses kicked, ran away like the cowards they are. 

13 hours ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Boy, do you want a treatise on the logos spermatikos? Because I will whip you up a treatise on the logos spermatikos. Or Neo-Platonism, take your pick.

You take yourself way too seriously.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.