What new thing did you try eating this week?

Zathras

• 2 weeks later...

Today is my wife’s birthday. I made, from scratch:

Parmesan crusted chicken with a butter-lemon sauce

Honey-garlic cauliflower 

Caesar salad

Fruit salad

Bread

Almond-raspberry cake

The fish looks moist and perfectly cooked, and nice golden color. The colors pop on the plate, but the plate is a little crowded. It was a close decision, but you are safe from this week's elimination challenge. You're definitely going to be one to watch. Good job!

Y'all. My local grocery store in Clemmons NC had fresh jackfruit. I am ridiculously excited. They're a pain in the ass to prep, but SO. DELICIOUS. They had already sliced them into discs, so much time was saved. One of the few things I miss about south Florida is the array of tropical fruits you could find everywhere. 

Jackfruit-450w_450x.jpg

Yesterday I made garlic shrimp. I consider it successfully but more garlic next time. 

Has anyone wanted to try the popcorn salad that people have been rating terrible? Like ew. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/crunchy-snap-pea-popcorn-salad-8598011

I made my own barbacoa this week. It turned out ok. Now, this is not something I ever agree with and I don't want to live my life this way permanently, but next time I think I need to trim some of the fat off first. And there's something missing flavor-wise. I can't quite figure it out, so I'll need to try a few more time. 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

BiBiBop is to Korean what Chipotle is to Mexican. My Korean friend referred to it as a "hate crime." But she still ate it...

It’s definitely just barely above fast food, and super Americanized, but you don’t go to places like that for authentic food. Just like you don’t go to McDonald’s when you want a real hamburger. Or come to Nightly if you want intelligent conversation.

When I was in the Army, there was a Korean BBQ run by Korean-Americans off post, and it was AWESOME!  Loved the bulgogi and kimchi!  When I was in Korea, I had street foods like yaki mandu.  Not sure how sanitary it was, but it tasted yummy!

• 1 month later...

So usually my go to when it is just me and the boys are dino-nuggets, mac and cheese, and apple slices.  Well, I saw 40 mini-corndogs on sale for like $5--winner winner chicken dinner.IMG_1056(1).jpg.b649cd064900a3c394e1866dd22afed3.jpg

Oh, and some of my pans disappeared in the move so I have been cooking everything in a wok. 

Verdict is...the mini-corndogs kinda sucked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.