What new thing did you try eating this week?

Zathras

Yeah there's a huge difference between a greasy burger or chicken tenders as opposed to boxed dinners.  As a single dad, I've made enough hamburger helper to keep the company afloat.

A lot of the more upscale bars around here have taken the old bar food concept and fancied it up....the big trend is burger bars.  Those places are popping up at every block. 

Alright so this wasn't today, but last week I finally tried Dick's Drive-In after living in Seattle for 15 years. Everyone talks about how legendary it is. It was barely better than McDonald's. Tami wtf? The burgers were mediocre and the fries were soggy. Quinn liked them but she's a salt-aholic. Safe to say I'm disappointed.

10 hours ago, Zathras said:

Hot dogs, Philly cheese steaks, and burgers are shitty American foods?  Hamburger Helper or craft mac n cheese I understand, but I wouldn't call burgers, Phillies, or dogs shitty.  Maybe not exactly health food, but they all taste awesome!

Yeah I mean shitty as in not healthy, what I would consider junk food. Not that they aren't delicious or quality. Although hotdogs generally are shitty, some more than others depending on the sausage meat to processing ratio. 

If you mean shitty as in microwave meals, ham in a can, Oreos and confectionery I generally don't eat any of that. With the exception of chocolate every now and again. 

But burgers and cheese steaks can definitely be shitty in the way you mean depending on the quality of ingredients.

6 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Alright so this wasn't today, but last week I finally tried Dick's Drive-In after living in Seattle for 15 years. Everyone talks about how legendary it is. It was barely better than McDonald's. Tami wtf? The burgers were mediocre and the fries were soggy. Quinn liked them but she's a salt-aholic. Safe to say I'm disappointed.

Destiny, thank you for inspiring so many hilarious (moronically juvenile) restaurant review headlines for me!

Dick's: Mediocre at Best 

Soggy and Salty Dick's a Disappointment

Trying Dick's for the First Time 

Dick's? Ronald Mcdonald Has Better Meat

Now that you're all laughing at my (moronically juvenile) wit, I'll show myself out. But first...

Destiny Advises: Don't Eat Dicks

I'm here all week, folks. Two drink minimum and remember to tip your server.

49 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I approve of all of these review headlines. :thumbsup: I feel like some sort of dick connoisseur. 

Mr. Destiny is either very lucky or very unlucky.

1 hour ago, RUAJedi2 said:

I have an ongoing love affair with ice cream. Today I tried Tillamook marionberry pie ice cream. 

Y'all... I was impressed. 10/10

Be careful. I hear that stuff can be like crack.

3 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

Anyone here familiar with Yatz?   Kind of a fast food cajun place.  They have a crawfish Étouffée that is super good.  

No, but that sound nifty. PHX is piss poor when it comes to Cajun food.  I'd almost give my left nut for a good bowl of jambalaya. 

17 hours ago, RUAJedi2 said:

I have an ongoing love affair with ice cream. Today I tried Tillamook marionberry pie ice cream. 

Y'all... I was impressed. 10/10

16 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Tillamook everything is legit.

Tillamook is my favorite ice cream by far!

2 hours ago, Zathras said:

No, but that sound nifty. PHX is piss poor when it comes to Cajun food.  I'd almost give my left nut for a good bowl of jambalaya. 

Must be good if you're willing to forgo a nut for it!

Googled jambalaya and it definitely looks nut sacrifice worthy

3 hours ago, Odine said:

Must be good if you're willing to forgo a nut for it!

Googled jambalaya and it definitely looks nut sacrifice worthy

There’s nothing like really good jambalaya. There was briefly a Cajun restaurant run by people who were so Cajun you almost couldn’t understand them. It was delicious.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.