What new thing did you try eating this week?

Zathras

4 hours ago, Cerina said:

We made Million Dollar Spaghetti the other night. It's basically like a spaghetti casserole lasagna. It was pretty good, but then again, it was basically just spaghetti with extra cheese. 

I never knew that had a name! I called it baked spaghetti and I have made it for years.  I like to use angel hair pasta.

13 hours ago, Quetzalcoatl said:

According to my date, it was good sushi.  But given that I was a sushi virgin, I can only take her word for it.  I guess its just not for me.  

My first time, I didn't like it.  Second time, I was indifferent.  Now it's my favorite meal. 

14 hours ago, Quetzalcoatl said:

According to my date, it was good sushi.  But given that I was a sushi virgin, I can only take her word for it.  I guess its just not for me.  

True.  Not for everyone.

59 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

My first time, I didn't like it.  Second time, I was indifferent.  Now it's my favorite meal. 

This happened with me, as well.  First time, it was just bad sushi.  Took me at least 10 years to get over that bad impression to make me brave enough to try again.  Second time, started with a California roll. It wasn't that impressive, but it was my gateway roll to others that were awesome.

32 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Good sushi doesn't always mean good for someone having it their first time. But good job trying something new.

Yup.  Probably my first five or six experiences were all at the same restaurant.  Great local place.   I went from dislike to love gradually but still pretty quickly. 

I love sushi, but I could definitely see trying it the first time not really knowing what to expect and noping out. Especially if you started with some of the more complicated stuff.

I made a coconut curry pasta dish to bring to work today, after seeing the video recipe on Facebook this morning. I've already had two bowls.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.