Heir to the Empire adaptation

I remember in one of the books that Luke was drinking hot chocolate after Lando, I think, introduced it to him.  I want to say it was one of Hambly’s books because I stopped reading it pretty soon afterwards And that was basically guaranteed with her books.

edit: Oh shit, it looks like it was in the Zhan books, so I did keep reading. 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hot_chocolate/Legends

ducks on naboo, snakes and lizards and frogs on dagobah, but yeah, it's not HEY LOOK AT THIS FUCKING DUCK YOU GUYS THERE'S DUCKS ON NABOO. they're just there. and there doesn't need to be a fourteen paragraph wikipedia entry about.

though now that I think about it, I do remember some consternation on this very board after TPM was released about panaka's line about being sitting ducks during the blockade run

Not to mention that in the original novelization of Star Wars, Obi-Wan tells Luke that even a duck needs to learn how to swim. Luke responds, "What's a duck?" So it goes all the way back in 1976.

I like that Wookieepedia has such a thorough dedication to its content. I've read too many wikis that are severely lacking in that department. If someone thinks articles about hot chocolate or bread or tongues or boobs is silly, they don't have to read them.

39 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

ducks on naboo, snakes and lizards and frogs on dagobah, but yeah, it's not HEY LOOK AT THIS FUCKING DUCK YOU GUYS THERE'S DUCKS ON NABOO. they're just there. and there doesn't need to be a fourteen paragraph wikipedia entry about.

though now that I think about it, I do remember some consternation on this very board after TPM was released about panaka's line about being sitting ducks during the blockade run

It's Hodgkin's Law of Parallel Planetary Development.  Duh. 

45 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Not to mention that in the original novelization of Star Wars, Obi-Wan tells Luke that even a duck needs to learn how to swim. Luke responds, "What's a duck?" So it goes all the way back in 1976.

I like that Wookieepedia has such a thorough dedication to its content. I've read too many wikis that are severely lacking in that department. If someone thinks articles about hot chocolate or bread or tongues or boobs is silly, they don't have to read them.

You can apply a passive answer like that to literally every discussion ever.  Weak!

If the entry talks about bread and how it has grains, then it doesn't need to be in there.  I kinda thought that point was made already.  Putting in an entry that's already in a regular dictionary, and has the same meaning and usage?    Is it there a SW entry for dictionaries?  

29 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Yes, we are. You said it, not I. Therefore, I see no reason for Jedi Goat's bitching. Just look at it, say, "Huh. That's weird," and move on. Stop acting like someone insulted your mother.

Other than it being pointless and a waste of time?   Is there an entry about zippers?  What about buttons?  How do those work?  What about itching something?  Or sneezing?  How does that work in SW??  

15 minutes ago, Jacen123 said:

Two idiots at SW Convention 2 were having this conversation while waiting in line to see an exhibit or something.   Me and a friend were standing next to them. 

Went something like 'I wonder if Han was talking about the same hell we're use to or a separate hell that only exists in SW.  And if he's not religious, why would he even say that to begin with?' 

My friend and I busted out laughing.  My joy of SW was killed a little that day. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.