Heir to the Empire adaptation

6 hours ago, Tank said:

It’s actually not. That’s Seth Green at the table and this was their writer’s room assistant. They were meeting about the Robot Chicken Star Wars specials and the assistant just started blubbering he was so excited. Lucas hates Mara Jade and no one told the guys not to bring it up because they figured none of them were nerdy enough to know who she was.

The idea of it just being a joke comes from angry EU fans who insist George Lucas reads and approves and cares about the books... even though he clearly hasn’t read them and constantly walked all over the continuity.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

It’s actually not. That’s Seth Green at the table and this was their writer’s room assistant. They were meeting about the Robot Chicken Star Wars specials and the assistant just started blubbering he was so excited. Lucas hates Mara Jade and no one told the guys not to bring it up because they figured none of them were nerdy enough to know who she was.

The idea of it just being a joke comes from angry EU fans who insist George Lucas reads and approves and cares about the books... even though he clearly hasn’t read them and constantly walked all over the continuity.

Well, the idea also comes because George seems like he's acting and looks like he's trying not to laugh.

I'll take your word for it, guys, but that video looks to me like a goof.  Maybe GL hates EU and Mara Jade in particular for real, but it seems like a gag to me.  Albeit maybe with some truth to it, in that GL does feel that way every time he is asked about Mara Jade.

I'm not against a loose adaptation.   A lot of things in these Zahn books that annoy me to death but I'm down for further adventures of the original cast, even if they use different actors. 

I hope they avoid further adaptations of other books which is what something like this could lead to. 

8 hours ago, Tank said:

A guy who hates the EU told me about the behind-the-scenes on this. This was 100% staged. Yes, it plays off the fact that George Lucas hated Mara Jade (in the later years only; I think he was getting jealous of a popular character he didn't create), but you can't honestly think that slapping was real. George Lucas isn't that much of a douchebag.

If that was real, it proves some stuff:

1) George Lucas is a horrible person

2) George Lucas has no clue how human beings behave.

But it does help explain why he’s so bad at directing actors if that’s his acting.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

It’s not a good, there was a court settlement. They talk about it in the Robot chicken 10th anniversary special.

There seems to be no corroborating evidence on the internet. Are you sure you didn’t get fooled by a joke?

Well, that is surprising, and worrisome if true. You'd think someone so rich and who deals with lawyers on a daily basis would know better than to physically assault someone, especially on camera. It's still contrary to everything I've heard and read about that "meeting." Basically, what I learned is that they staged it as a tongue-in-cheek reference to the following sketch that Lucas vetoed:

50 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

There seems to be no corroborating evidence on the internet. Are you sure you didn’t get fooled by a joke?

Are you sure you aren’t falling for one right now?

I thought I’d be ribbing Zerimar for thinking I was dumb enough to think that was real.

Now my elaborate ruse is ruined... and we proved Jacob right about something. A dark day.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

Are you sure you aren’t falling for one right now?

I thought I’d be ribbing Zerimar for thinking I was dumb enough to think that was real.

Now my elaborate ruse is ruined... and we proved Jacob right about something. A dark day.

A very dark day.....we all think you're dumb.   But we're dumb for thinking you're dumb.   

I thought you were kidding after the first reply of yours but you kept at with another two or three more replies.  Dedication.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.