Heir to the Empire adaptation

29 minutes ago, Tank said:

When I was in grade school, like between ESB and ROTJ, the theory me ands my friends had was that The Clone Wars were fought with cloned Jedi.

Fuzzy memories at this point, but wasn't there actual legit rumors that OB-1 was a clone way way back?  Or at the very least, a scrapped story idea?

From memory alone : improperly manufactured and/or unstable clones tend to have a distinctive slur to their speech so the convention of adding an additional vowel ('Luuke' 'Joruus') to the name of a clone comes from that.

Also from memory alone : there's a clone of Darth Vader, he was made on Dantooine, Darth Vader fights him and kills him, it was in one of the Galaxy of Fear books.

22 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

How could anyone ever know if it was the real Vader that won if they’re both in the suit?

Throw something at his balls. If it hurts him, its the fake one because the real one was burned off.

12 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

It’s been so long since I read them, but was he insane before cloned or was it that cloned force users had a tendency to go insane? It was an idea I really liked in those books, a good explanation for why we don’t see cloned Jedi even before the prequels.

I think it was the cloning process, but the OG was a megalomaniac, so, not far off.

It’s been so long since I read them, but was he insane before cloned or was it that cloned force users had a tendency to go insane? It was an idea I really liked in those books, a good explanation for why we don’t see cloned Jedi even before the prequels.

I think it was the cloning process, but the OG was a megalomaniac, so, not far off.

For clones that went through an accelerated growth process, the Force made them go insane. That’s why Thrawn needed his anti-Force lizards to build an army of clones.

The Vader clone story was in a children's book. It was never explained why he needed the suit, or if he was a legit clone or not, or what was really going on. All it said was that he did not have the audible mechanical breathing that Vader did. It's a kids' book so it doesn't try to be something more than it is, though one can speculate that it may have been a droid, a brainwashed prisoner with PTSD, or any number of things.

And I like the ysalamiri, thank you very much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.