What did you do today?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Murdered my previous personal best on the exercise bike.

I went to see these:

did this again

Posted Images

Today I have been down from a sharp pain to my right kidney area.  Not sure if its a stone, or muscle spasm. It literally feels like someone punching me repeatedly in the kidney.   This is one of the most painful experiences I can remember. Took meds a 4 hours ago, and it's finally starting to ease up.

I’ve had two, one about 16 years ago, the other a few months back.

First one came on, and within a few hours it was clearly time to go to the ER.

Recent one came on slower, much like what Zathras describes. Not wanting to go near a hospital during coronatimes I stuck it out. Pain went away, and nothing came out, so I thought maybe it was actually a back spasm or something.

But then a couple weeks later— it came back and there was no way I could weather it. Not only was the back pain there, but I was getting the symptoms of a severe UTI.

The ER was actually the easiest I’d ever experienced. Take out all the people who treat the ER as their primary care were absent. I walked in, registered, did intake, and was in a bed getting pumped with fentanyl within 15 minutes.

Fentanyl was the best nap I have ever had. Before that, the best nap ever was courtesy of the morphine I had with the previous stone.

I am going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow if I can get in.  Last evening, I took a muscle relaxer my fiance had, as well as pain relievers.  It eased up.  I went to bed early woke up like it was gone.  As soon as I got up this morning, I got ready for the day, and slowly the pain came back. I didn't twist in any weird way or lift anything heavy.  Then the pain got as sharp as it did yesterday.  Like yesterday, the pain was so bad, almost unbearable.  Also like yesterday, I threw up today, too.  Took the same meds, and it eased up again.  Then I was just sitting at my desk doing my assignment for my class, then bam!  I am on the floor rolling in pain, again.  That was a couple hours ago, its eased up some, but still a constant, and dull ache.  Not the sharp pain, but enough to know its there. 

Thank you for your concern all! I think I passed a stone, and I am feeling better now.  I was really close to call an ambulance but I am scared to death of getting covid at the hospital.  I ask my fiance to see how I am doing and if she thinks I should go to the ER, to try to keep it objective.  

Oh yeah I have been drinking a lot of 22 oz glasses of water.  I guess at least 2-3 gallons since Friday.