What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

Mental health breaks are the best. I've used up my accumulated paid time off when I was taking care of Tina so I have to build that up again before I can consider a day off randomly LOL 

Also we're in the home stretch to last day of schoooooooool. Fourth quarter baby!

1 hour ago, Ms. Spam said:

Mental health breaks are the best. I've used up my accumulated paid time off when I was taking care of Tina so I have to build that up again before I can consider a day off randomly LOL 

Also we're in the home stretch to last day of schoooooooool. Fourth quarter baby!

I am always stressed when I am out of my building--even if it is job related. 

It's not as bad though when I was a teacher though...if I was out for any reason my anxiety was off the charts. 

A person from church can't access Messenger (which I am sure EVERY MEMBER in the family appreciates because the forward this to ten people emails are her bread and butter for FB messenger and now no one gets it) but I tried to Zelle them some money for gas and groceries to help them out and they can't access it or use it because the iPad they have is so outdated we can't update those apps any more. So after church on Sunday I took them out to eat and put gas in their tank and then spent three hours of my day trying to clear out cache in their iPad to at least make it faster until I learned that basically I can't fix their messenger/zelle issue because they're iPad is outdated. They had over 30000 emails in their inbox. After I deleted 5000 because I had to do it on the iPad instead of mass deleting on a computer because they don't have their passwords I learned their 2014 iPad is just too old. They definitely need iPads because they are not computer savvy at all but I am not buying an iPad but holy crap 25000 emails and about 1000 open window browsers in Safari. 

The password circle is fabulous for them. I actually cried because instead of changing phones only they change their phone numbers every time they can't afford their consumer cellular phone and shut it down so the facebook app is linked to a phone number AND email address from about seven change overs ago so texting or emailing the security code is unpossible.

The driving factor in getting Messenger up is that she's organizing a family reunion in May and wanted to send out reminders via messenger that it's still going to happen.

I set up her new phone with these things but I feel like that was a worthless thankless task because she's probably going to stop service on her cell phone soon and I learned that Samsungs Consumer Cellular phone are aweful.

4 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

A person from church can't access Messenger (which I am sure EVERY MEMBER in the family appreciates because the forward this to ten people emails are her bread and butter for FB messenger and now no one gets it) but I tried to Zelle them some money for gas and groceries to help them out and they can't access it or use it because the iPad they have is so outdated we can't update those apps any more. So after church on Sunday I took them out to eat and put gas in their tank and then spent three hours of my day trying to clear out cache in their iPad to at least make it faster until I learned that basically I can't fix their messenger/zelle issue because they're iPad is outdated. They had over 30000 emails in their inbox. After I deleted 5000 because I had to do it on the iPad instead of mass deleting on a computer because they don't have their passwords I learned their 2014 iPad is just too old. They definitely need iPads because they are not computer savvy at all but I am not buying an iPad but holy crap 25000 emails and about 1000 open window browsers in Safari. 

The password circle is fabulous for them. I actually cried because instead of changing phones only they change their phone numbers every time they can't afford their consumer cellular phone and shut it down so the facebook app is linked to a phone number AND email address from about seven change overs ago so texting or emailing the security code is unpossible.

The driving factor in getting Messenger up is that she's organizing a family reunion in May and wanted to send out reminders via messenger that it's still going to happen.

I set up her new phone with these things but I feel like that was a worthless thankless task because she's probably going to stop service on her cell phone soon and I learned that Samsungs Consumer Cellular phone are aweful.

Sooooo....could you have given them cash and called it good?

I witnessed (I really need a dash cam) a tumbling crash about 250' ahead of me on the highway. Some dumbass, in a full-size pickup, decided that he was going to make the exit, while he was 3 lanes away. He nearly made a 90 degree turn and almost made it there, when a silver BMW Sedan smacked into his rear quarter panel. The back of the truck spun around, slid up the guard rail, launching him into a pirouette, then landing nose first and tumbling horizontally for two rounds. He somehow landed on his wheels and just sat there motionless in his seat. I wonder if he knocked himself out.

I've seen at least one crazy wreck a year, for the past 5 years, including a postal truck slamming into a concrete barricade and bursting into flames. The driver walked away, unscathed.

I am the queen of run ons. Also still floored by that many emails. Even my work email isn’t that full. Shocked. 

sometimes the dumbass driving deserves what he gets. But I would have cringed and been grateful I made it through before it stopped traffic completely. 

OMG the end of the school year this year has been pure chaos. It's hard to get your hands on Xanax now but my stress levels are bursting. I have been trying to walk in a park every day after school so I can have finally three minutes to myself where I can just think in peace and quiet. I have the most neediest thought-less co-workers (students, parents and other teachers HA!).

I saw a meme that made me laugh about it. Don't say you suck say this is not the life Godzilla would have wanted for me. Because it makes you think about Godzilla caring about you.

In other news,

I am part of a church choir and we're singing with a group of PAID professional singers this weekend. It's classical music about a wolf with a modern arrangement but we've been invited to join the San Antonio Chamber Choir to sing a Mozart piece in a giant old fashioned barrel vault guilt church!

PS whomever thought to move the STAAR testing in Texas to the last month of the school year was on crack. I swear all these panicked parents wondering if their kid is going to pass to get to high school have been calling me all week and I'm like I don't make the schedule and they're still testing stop stressing your kid out because it's unpossible right now to know ANYTHING they're still taking the dumbass test.

At the district office waiting in the reception area and this guy has been ranting and raving for 5 minutes to the receptionist about how the google on his district phone isn’t working.  God I wish I recorded his explanation. 

Boomers amiright.

2 hours ago, Hobbes said:

At the district office waiting in the reception area and this guy has been ranting and raving for 5 minutes to the receptionist about how the google on his district phone isn’t working.  God I wish I recorded his explanation. 

Boomers amiright.

Usually, I AM the one boomers are ranting and raving to, for issues like this.  I hate them.  I hate them all. 

• 2 weeks later...

GUYS! I bought a super expensive thing today and I have guilt about it. I had to buy a monitor. I really need to get new appliances and get some work done around the house but it was $100 off the new iPad Air at Best Buy today so why not buy a new monitor AND a iPad?

The average lifespan of a monitor in my house is about 2 years now. 

My school monitor is OLDER.

It's all related to CATS.

I took my wife's car to the carwash, picked up a few items at the store and headed over to McDonald's to get her breakfast. The line was backed up to the entrance and line moved about 3 cars in the span of 10 minutes. I decided to park the jeep, and order inside. That was a mistake, because they didn't have the digital order boards and nobody was at the front counter. I decided to bail on McDonald's and headed over the WhataBurger. The didn't go much better, because the outside lane menu didn't have a line, so I decided to pull over there to order. 8 minutes later and nobody is asking me what I'd like to order. I pulled back over the the main menu and waited another 7 or 8 minutes, while I'm watching 2 cars in the lane I'd just left, completed their orders. :facepalm:

I made myself breakfast after I'd gotten home. I checked out a little bit of YouTube while cooking and eating breakfast. I played a little bit of Gran Turismo 7 and decided to get back to Ratchet and Clank: Future Rift. That didn't go so well, because I was stuck in an area and couldn't figure out the path I needed to take and gave up. I guess that's probably why I haven't played it for a couple of months. I took a nap around 3, did a little laundry and played a little bit of Halo Infinite on the PC, before making Fajitas for dinner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.