What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

Nope, not a caffeine drinker at all. Haven’t had any problems with my eyes either, which wouldn’t make sense anyway since a lot of these headaches start wile I’m sleeping. Thought maybe it was triggered by the depression I’ve been dealing with, but that’s actually been doing pretty well the last few weeks so I doubt it. I dunno, but I don’t feel like dying this morning so that’s nice. Just weird how sudden and intensely they came on when I’ve never had a problem with headaches before 

Well I am glad it wasn't something serious, but maybe the headaches are stress related?  I used to get bad migraines at my old job.  That was at the time my dad was really sick too and I was very depressed at the time. The headaches started to subside when I started getting treated for depression and anxiety. 

Not a doctor but Tina had HORRIBLE migraines at night and right after dialysis.

They said she'd get these kind of pressure headaches from dialysis because she's limited in water intake so make sure you're drinking enough water as being underhydrated can cause migraines in some people.

Not gonna lie I was worried too when you posted it. My blood pressure and stress levels cause my headaches. But also some vitamins missing in your diet can also cause the headaches to trigger. So I started taking more B vitamins and trying to eat more veggies. 

For Tina they couldn't give her any of the meds for migraines because it interacted wrong with the dialysis. So she had to tough it out. Sometimes going out for a late night stroll helped relieve it to up her blood pressure.

Woke up to 2 more dead fish. 2 others died earlier in the week. We've got 1 left that has lasted 2 weeks. Followed some bad advice from the pet shop and bought this slow feeder tablet to prepare for going on vacation and it mucked up the tank and I'm pretty sure that's what killed all of them. If this guy doesn't make it until spring break, I'm not buying any more fish until we get back. And then it's going to be a Betta fish because they are easy.

22 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Nope, not a caffeine drinker at all. Haven’t had any problems with my eyes either, which wouldn’t make sense anyway since a lot of these headaches start wile I’m sleeping. Thought maybe it was triggered by the depression I’ve been dealing with, but that’s actually been doing pretty well the last few weeks so I doubt it. I dunno, but I don’t feel like dying this morning so that’s nice. Just weird how sudden and intensely they came on when I’ve never had a problem with headaches before 

Started on any new medications of any sort? Side effects? 

No, nothings really changed at all, which is part of why it’s so weird. My wife is convinced it’s the depression, but honestly that’s been going pretty well the last several weeks, and if that was it why didn’t the headaches happen months ago when I was at my worst? I dunno man, but I’m feeling good this morning.

Do you ever run into somebody that you used to be friends with and you either drifted away or had a falling out and when you see each other it's awkward?

Ran into a former friend at a restaurant the other night. We were seated right next to them, but my back was to them. I realized it was their family and did my best to not turn around. She noticed me anyway and said my name so I had to acknowledge. Politeness for about 2 minutes and then we turned back around. I found out someone was going to my son's Pre-K teachers about the difficulty we were having. I suspected it was her and told her that I knew someone was going right back to them and gossiping and it was making things worse. We never talked again after that, and we left the Pre-K soon after. Those teachers are the ones who made our life hell with over the top claims about our son's behavior to the school district and dug him in the special education/behavior hole that we've just finally been able to dig him out of 4 years later.

My husband also told me that he and my son come there often when my daughter and I go skiing on Friday nights and he actually sees them there like 50% of the time. They know it's them. They pretend not to see them.

I really hope she feels terrible, she contributed to a bad situation that made our lives hell.

I was working at a Chase Bank last night, and while waiting for the bank to close, there was a guy with a BMW haphazardly trying to change a flat tire. I walked past him, while heading over to where my scissor lift was dropped off and I replied "bummer". I'd realized that this suit, didn't have a clue about changing a tire, as he'd replied " I can't get the tire off".  He didn't have the car jacked up high enough to remove the tire, so I'd decided that I needed to help him. The jack was rather tight, since it was new, so I began cranking it, until it finally started to run much smoother. He was able to remove the tire and I told him about the pattern to tighten the lug nuts, once he got the spare tire in place. I could tell that he was struggling with it, so I decided to do that as well. One of the lug nuts was completely loose, and I managed to tighten all of the lug nuts, so the guy wouldn't run into trouble. Call me old school, but I'd be embarrassed, as a man, if I didn't know how to change a tire. This wasn't the 1st time that I'd had to help a man change one. 

Everybody has gaps in their education, things they and others feel like they SHOULD know. I know how to change a tire and have done it dozens of times, but the last time I had one I had trouble with my jack. We were on the highway in San Francisco heading to the Golden Gate Bridge when we had a blowout. I've used many different kinds of jacks over the years, including this kind (though not the exact one), but for some reason I couldn't get it to work right. Someone from the city had spotted us and pulled over and helped me with it, and was super cool about it. The actual changing of the tire part took me like four seconds to do, I think I hustled to show the guy I wasn't completely incapable lol.

Anyway the point is we're all stupid and somehow have missed learning shit we should have. I don't think you should expect a guy to know just because he's a guy--though he should know how just because he's human and drives a car. It's not like serious mechanical skills, it's just a basic piece of maintenance he should have, but that's not because he's got a dick between his legs.

Yeah, it's not necessarily just a guy thing, but every car owner should have the knowledge to jump start a car, check the oil, check the radiator and change a tire. Tire's not going to change itself, should you find yourself out in BFE with bad cell service. Drivers education classes should also cover those things.

I think that one of my co-workers, let a company truck run out of oil. He ended up blowing out a engine cylinder a day after someone had mentioned to him, that they could hear the rocker arms tapping.

One of my boyfriends was kinda not mechanically inclined. He makes art and is surprisingly not mechanically inclined and he had a blowout in his F-150. He called me to help him figure out where the spare tire was! He was also the person who's grandma gave him a brand new Hyundai Elantra and he drove it for six months with the parking brake on because he didn't know that the dealership set it when they parked it for him on the first day he picked it up. I ain't judging LOL

It did! That's why he took it to the dealership to complain and they came out and said show us what you do to start it because they couldn't replicate the issue and they watched as he turned it on and tried to go forward with the parking brake set. And they were like, uhm, do you know what the parking brake is?

Had an active shooter situation on campus. Lockdown, shelter in place. People freaking out. Turns out, a visiting high school student brought a gun onto campus, went into a bathroom, and somehow managed to shoot himself in the hand (accident? On purpose? Who knows?) Our campus followed protocol when people heard the gunshot inside the building, and damn it was unsettling. Glad no one except the one kid was injured. Fuck yeah, 2nd amendment!

Sooooo I kinda lean the way Pong did on this. Some people stole this guys truck. He had AirTags on it. So after he reported it stolen he and a small posse of guys tracked it using the AirTags and confronted the guy who stole it. They claim he had a gun so they shot the truck stealer. And San Antonio is going to press charges against the guy who shot the truck thief if they can’t find the weapon.  Pong is like the thief deserved it. I am like at least get the thief out of the truck. Dead body parts are hard to get out of the interior. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.