What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

14 hours ago, RUAJedi2 said:

Cool little fish tank!

One time our kid got a new computer for Christmas and we didn't set it up until after his birthday in May.

Your kid didn't hound you to set it up? That's some patience right there!

Yeah, I'm thinking it was shock. The place has a 3 day guarantee. We will take them back tomorrow. We had them test the water ahead of time and they said it was fine. Supposedly they will need to test the water again but I'm really glad they tested it beforehand because if they come back and say our water was bad, that's sus. But when they gave us the bag it was super freaking warm, way hotter than what we read as the recommended temperature. So we may have to crank the tank up and bring it down over a few days. You can keep them at a warmer temperature but it makes their metabolism burn super fast and they can die sooner. But, it makes them look super active, which is what pet stores want you to see.

You're supposed to leave the container that the fish came in, sitting in the room until it reaches room temperature. Then you can transfer the fish over to the tank. We also use natural spring water, to fill our little tank for our Beta.

On 3/4/2023 at 11:34 PM, Gamevet said:

Your kid didn't hound you to set it up? That's some patience right there!

Speaking of PCs. I upgraded my PC last Saturday. I started at 3:30 and didn't have the system setup until around 8:30. And then it took about another 2 hours for Forza Horizon 5 (128GB) to download, so I didn't get to play any games on it until Sunday afternoon.

I was very hesitant about doing this upgrade, but my 4 year old PC was starting to have weird software things going on. I needed to do a fresh install of windows to clear out some of the clutter, so it just made more sense to start from scratch. MicroCenter made it a very easy decision, since they were selling the i9-12900K with a Z690 Motherboard for $420. That was a very affordable upgrade.

12900K.jpg

New Build.jpg

New Build 2.jpg

OMG so jealous. I am still on the old desk top I got many years ago at home. The recent Windows 11 software is killing any kind of functionality. I hate doing private stuff on my school computer but I find I avoid using my home computer for stuff like taxes now because the schools computers and wifi can handle some of the things I do.

Of course I have another issue. I have DSL at home but no home telephone and AT&T has decided to phase out support for DSL. So they're doing bad bandwidth service things for me and send me millions of letters letting me know I can get high speed for $55 (Five dollars more than I am paying now for the crappy internet they've been providing me for 12 years). It just pisses me off that for high speed it's just fiber out in the street. They did not run the line directly to my house so the high speed is only as good as the crappy wires they used to wire my 40 year old complex with.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:03 AM, Gamevet said:

Speaking of PCs. I upgraded my PC last Saturday. I started at 3:30 and didn't have the system setup until around 8:30. And then it took about another 2 hours for Forza Horizon 5 (128GB) to download, so I didn't get to play any games on it until Sunday afternoon.

I was very hesitant about doing this upgrade, but my 4 year old PC was starting to have weird software things going on. I needed to do a fresh install of windows to clear out some of the clutter, so it just made more sense to start from scratch. MicroCenter made it a very easy decision, since they were selling the i9-12900K with a Z690 Motherboard for $420. That was a very affordable upgrade.

12900K.jpg

New Build.jpg

New Build 2.jpg

Nice, what GPU did you pick up?

12 hours ago, Odine said:

Nice, what GPU did you pick up?

I used most of my existing parts for the upgrade, so this 1440pp/144Hz desktop was running an Asus Strix RTX 3060 Ti OC. It's perfect for that resolution. I have an RTX 3090 in the 4K PC in the living room.

I'm getting a 2 TB PCIe-4 x 4 NVME drive next Friday. Then the fun begins!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.