What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

Found a giant yellow jacket on a closet door when we got home from dinner. Realized a few hours later it was probably the queen from the colony we had removed from our crawlspace in October. At least I hope it was, because that likely means any colony she re-established won't survive the winter. Keeping an eye out for those ***holes.

1 hour ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Tami’s coming over today and is gonna wrap my presents for Katie for me. All I have to do is give her drinks. This is a good deal since I was gonna give her drinks anyway and I can’t wrap for shit

I just had this image of Lyra in high school telling her friends she’ll met them later cause she’s going to go smoke out with her Aunt Tami first.

We had holiday fun! I got to see the kitties briefly, I had a stiff adult beverage, we watched excellent holiday TV fare, his kids are awesome-Lyra has the coolest haircut and Eli told me he loves me (the feeling is mutual). I wrapped his wife's presents JAYKIB DON'T FORGET tag, ribbons, bow!!

I came home, smoked a bowl and fed my kitties, then watched Arthur Christmas. It was a good 9th day before Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to bail my car out of car jail yesterday to the tune of 231 dollars for an hours worth of two and storage time. JFC San Antonio. I was so pisst. I went downtown to hang out with some friends and play Pokemon Go yesterday. I paid for 6 hours of time in a lot and later it looked like I was going to play another two hours so I used the app from the lot to get another two hours.

I should have been good until 6:30 PM. I get to the lot after walking 7 miles around San Antonio and my car is gone. I start panicking. WHO STEALS a 10 year old Prius? It's a base model and I've got some dings because I work in an area with lots of construction and high traffic and park on the street. Another lady is there with her kids as I'm about to have a mental break down trying to compute this. She says "Did you get towed too?" 

TOWED?

She is waiting for Uber to take her to the impound/storage lot because she didn't pay for the time she was there and her car got towed she tells me. She just forgot. I mean it was a good warm happy day with lots of sidewalk weirdo's, good food you can smell everywhere, squirrels stealing coffee cups, ducks that don't give a fuck and Pokemon Go. She said she stayed beyond the time she paid because she forgot. I have a receipt that proves I paid that they texted me so I'm kinda like nah, maybe, I don't know.

I call the company. They're closed already for the weekend, call Monday. I check my phone. When I upped the hours apparently my text didn't send confirming but they took my extra dollars for the extra hours. I call the towing company and it's just a recorded message telling me where they take cars and what I need to pick it up and it disconnects. 

The lady said she was waiting for Uber for an hour because well SA was bumping yesterday. There was a Cosplay convention, an Allergy doctor convention and a math teachers symposium plus PoGo (Hence the reason I am at a side lot instead of a real parking garage down town because they're ALL FULL). I decide I can walk it to the impound lot 8 miles away. 

Totally stupid. So I call my friend and he is nearby working hanging his art installation and he's going home. So he swings by and picks me up to go get my car.

May be an image of car and road

That's my Prius in car jail. It's even got prison tats telling me the date it went in and time and what lot. The stupid impound lot was full of people seeing their cars and paying their bail. I was full of jokes waiting. Some lady was complaining about her AirBnB having a rat problem. And I was like but you got your car impounded. Best vacation ever, right?

231 dollars later my car is home.

Also Whataburger owes me the bacon and the cheese they forgot in my bacon cheeseburger today.

OMG that weather yesterday, Gamevet. It was warm and nice for a spring day but it changed like Texas weather does. I was at UTSA for my masters class and then walked over to see a Art Gallery show that was opening for a friend and got hailed on. I have bruises where the hail hit my back and arms. The Alamodome has holes in its roof!

That's crazy!

We had a car totalled, my company truck decimated and our roof half destroyed, back in 2016, when a massive hail storm hit the area. We had to wait about 6 months to get our roof repaired. I never want to go through that again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.