What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

1 hour ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Today I tried not to die from RSV (bad here in WA) or flu (bad in NC where I just was). My resting heart rate is hovering around 100, and it's normally 60. This feels a lot like COVID but I'm testing negative, and I actually think I'm sicker. I'm wondering if this heart rate thing is going to happen every time I'm sick now.

Ugh. Hope you get better soon!

1 hour ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Today I tried not to die from RSV (bad here in WA) or flu (bad in NC where I just was). My resting heart rate is hovering around 100, and it's normally 60. This feels a lot like COVID but I'm testing negative, and I actually think I'm sicker. I'm wondering if this heart rate thing is going to happen every time I'm sick now.

My kid came back with a cold/cough  from nursery three weeks ago, I went down with a fever for a couple days..felt worse than COVID and I've still got the cough. Can't shake it. I haven't measured my heart rate but I feel like I'm constantly in a state of light cardio even though I'm resting. Fucked me up big style. Also tested negative 

I think once you've had COVID any respiratory stuff is not the same. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just cleaned a huge mess of laundry detergent because I have a neighbor who won’t stay off my porch when I am not home. She spooked one of my outdoor cats and they turned my laundry detergent over as my laundry room is just off the porch and now I have a giant soapy mess on my porch. 

We expected a light snow storm, with nothing sticking. It's been going nonstop for about 12 hours now with varying intensity, and enough accumulation for the kids to do a halfway decent snowman. Pretty cool way to have our first snow in Washington, way better than what was forecasted. Hell if it keeps up all night I might not feel comfortable driving to work tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

We expected a light snow storm, with nothing sticking. It's been going nonstop for about 12 hours now with varying intensity, and enough accumulation for the kids to do a halfway decent snowman. Pretty cool way to have our first snow in Washington, way better than what was forecasted. Hell if it keeps up all night I might not feel comfortable driving to work tomorrow.

I'm glad they are enjoying the snow! Supposedly it's going to turn to rain tonight but we will see. I'm pretty sure my kids will be on a 2 hour delay for school tomorrow. They better pace themselves on snow days, though. I think we are supposed to get snow again Thursday. And Sunday, and Monday...

Yesterday I said if its snowing I'm not going into the office. Leave the house this morning, starts snowing 2 minutes later. It ended up being alright and we got home in time to get the kids, but all the schools started to freak out a bit after 12 and were like yo come get your kids, no after school care. Luckily traffic wasn't bad because the roads were still too warm for it to stick.

Yeah they cancelled school this morning and I’m gonna work from home. It didn’t end up raining last night but it probably will at some point today—luckily tomorrow is my usual work from home day, so if it snows tomorrow too maybe I’ll get really lucky and get to stay home Friday too lol. It didn’t let up at all last night, it’s crazy

JFC Amazon. I hate you. This is why I won't sign up for Prime and rarely use you. I can't stand your byzantine stupid website to search for lists. I drew a name this year for Christmas and all the list of things they provided it says check my Amazon list. I go to the dumb gift list search thing and I can't find my persons name. LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. I had to check myself at school from swearing because I haven't been on Amazon since the pandemic started and my old school email address isn't active because the school upgraded over the course of the pandemic. Recovering my GODDAMNED Amazon account was like calling Dell for IT help where you have to get through the whole DID YOU DO THIS? YES GODDAMNIT I DID. So now basically it's fuck it. I'm getting YET another brand new Amazon account for just this person. Can't he just print his list for dummies like me. I am starting to see why his mother traded for a much easier name.

I hate Amazon. HATE.

I worked overtime today despite having 2 kids at home and a sick spouse. Q got out to play in the snow a little bit with the neighbor. E said heck no (he hates the cold).

I have also managed to not have a drop of alcohol despite this insanity because I have no room for carbs ever, it feels like. FML. I have been really good on my diet, too. I didn't say I'm staying sane, though.

Thanks!  The first two weeks, especially, were very tough, but we pushed through them.  It didn’t help that we didn’t have everything we would need, in part because he got here two weeks before his due date, but also because there were some things we just didn’t expect to need until he was older.  It is nice. It to have to run out to Walmart or Target at least once per day anymore.

fortunately, my wife's parents have also been staying with us to help us out with a lot of things.  This would have been so much harder without them here. My parents came out, too, for a while, which was also good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.