What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

Last night my neighbor went on my porch and left three different notes. One crammed in my gate telling me a local outdoor cat needed me. A second blank note on my table. And a third with a phone number and to come right away.

Some Trump voter ten years ago got his mail order bride pregnant and so they moved out of their condo to a bigger place and abandoned a cat they had declawed. He's lived contentedly outside in the pool area by his condo waiting for YEARS for his owners to come back and get him and I feed him and make sure he has a warm place to stay in the winter (I made a special cat cave like thing with a tub, a styrofoam cooler and straw).

But lately someone's been picking on him. I don't know who or what as his first injury was two sharp puncture wounds in his chest. I had to rush him to the vet to get the wound cleaned and sorted. He lived in my bathroom for all of a day but was so scared and wouldn't hold still and was really hurting his wound. We couldn't put a cone on him because of where the two holes that were healing were.  So he went back outside which brought and he relaxed and those holes healed good.

Kat, this neighbor, has brought people on my porch to show off the things "she's done" to random guys she's dating like the stuff I give them and feed them and take care of them are her doing. It irks me that she feels she can go right up on my porch and go in my laundry room and bring strangers without being invited. So I was a bit irritated about those notes.

I went anyways to get the cat from her. She left a dirty carrier and a bunch of gauze and stuff all over my patio. I had to return that. 

So I guess I own a new cat now because he's doing much better in my bathroom and my cats are adjusting well to him. He has another puncture wound but on his hip. It needed twelve stitches. It could be an abscess that burst or an owl is trying to grab him but he's lived ten years in the same area around the pool area and never ever been wounded. So I am wondering if some dick is harassing him.  

The thing is Kat is kind of a liar about certain things and she's done some weird things with other neighbors so people kinda steer clear of her. I have a feeling when I take him back to get his stitches out I am going to get stuck with the vet bill. She said she paid $1000 but she's not normal in any way. I am thinking I will take him to my regular vet to get the stitches out but I hate to feel like VCA 30 miles out of my way is waiting for payment for taking care of a poor cat. My neighbor Phil said she was dating a guy who got jealous about her coming over and that guy attacked Phil and broke his arm but Phil feels like she Jerry Springered that to make it an incident around her. Like some 70 year old guy would be interested in Kat. He just wants to play his guitar and be friendly but not too friendly.

LOL we picked it cuz it was an option for Eli before we found out he was a boy, and it was close to Lola, which is what the dog was previously called, but we rejected cuz we know a real life human girl child with that name 

as for breed… a mutt of some kind. I think there’s chihuahua in her but not sure

F3403C01-F309-4AD1-BF9A-A3404F6450D5.jpeg

14 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

RUDE

Actually it was awesome.  I loved watching the planes land from the boat and had some good seafood--mitch's seafood...ate on the dock there a few times.  Legoland was better than I thought it was going to be. 

A former coworker and friend of mine from my old job passed away suddenly on Sunday.   He had a brain aneurism and was only 23.   I am still processing this loss because he was a good guy and really smart.  :( 

So, I am having to go back to my old job and cover until they backfill.  It was nice to see some old friends and colleagues, but what a horrible way to come back.  

11 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

That’s always shocking. 

so Blackjack the cat is healing good. He sleeps all day in my bed and eats all the kibbles. He has been very polite. But shy. All of my cats have taken to him except Tina’s cat Sherbert. 

It is always shocking, but an aneurism at 23? Very, very rare.  My friend had been complaining of headaches in recent weeks, but he was wearing Invisalign and just assumed it was that giving him headaches.  Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but damn do I wish I could go back in time and just tell him to get checked out.  I am going to miss that guy. We used to go to a local brew house every Friday at lunch and would have a couple of beers before going back to work.   It was fun because we felt like we were getting away with something and sticking it to the man. 

Yay for life. I changed a flat tire last night when I got home because the roadside assistance people said they wouldn't be able to get to me until midnight and I would rather be sleeping and by the time I got out this morning to go to my second job the spare was flat and every freaking air station at the gas stations were down. 

Also yesterday was Tina's birthday. So all the feels right now. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:57 AM, Ms. Spam said:

It irks me that she feels she can go right up on my porch and go in my laundry room and bring strangers without being invited. So I was a bit irritated about those notes.

Okay, that's really weird. You need to install  locks on your porch and laundry room so she can't  just invite herself to your place whenever she feels like it. She sounds like an untrustworthy person and will probably start stealing stuff I'd allowed too much leeway. 

Labs are prone to chewing up your stuff, for for about the 1st couple of years of their life. I don't know if I can handle another Lab, as our second one is still digging holes (yard looks like a minefield) in the backyard, and she's going to be 5 in December.

I had to tear down and pack away our above-ground swimming pool. What a pain the in ass!

I kind of wish we had gotten another Lab instead of the Golden Retriever. Their fur is so much more maintenance. The fur between their freaking toes grows and you have to trim it. You can pretty much spray off a Lab with a garden hose and they are clean.

Also our Golden is dumb as a brick. Got in line twice for looks and forgot to go back for brains. Our Lab was way smarter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.