What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting ready for meet the teacher night at school tonight. My classroom is almost done. I have to crush 10 more students into a classroom built for 22 people. And pray we don't get sick. LOL. They're doing it different. School starts the 16th but we're doing a backpack give away for any parents child who attends tonight. The backpack is filled with supplies and a walmart giftcard to pay for school uniforms.

They can wear blue or khaki pants/skirts and a choice of red, white or blue polos. We are combating gang culture in schools. I think it works pretty good. At least it makes it easier for parents for purchasing because it’s simple. A lot of parents appreciate it too because they can stock up on sales. And we know which are our students. Our school colors are red and white but blues wash better and hide stains so we see more navy than red. We had a high school student on the property once and he was pretty easy to peg as not supposed to be there. 

Saturday, I went to the San Juan Islands! It's THE vacation destination in this area-lots of big money (Oprah had a house here) but plenty of regular people, too. It's very Pacfic Northwest but without most of the rain-it's all in our 'banana belt'.  I've lived in Seattle for 38 years and had never been there once. I have a friend who has a house on Orcas Island and I went to visit her. A wonderful hour-long ferry ride to get there but once I did, it was all girlfriend time and noshing. AND THERE WERE KITTIES. best weekend in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL welcome to work where one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

And along those lines of drills. First day of school was yesterday. Over the summer they alarmed all the doors in the building but the one visitors have to go through to go off if unauthorized openings happen and guess what! The day was filled with parents who were told what door to go in and out for security dropping off their pre-k and kindergarten kids exiting through ALL kinds of doors that were clearly marked that an alarm goes off if you go through and then set them off because they couldn't be bothered to follow instructions. I had to go out and reset the door by classroom five times in one hour. It will be better once they get construction on a nearby condo complex done because there is absolutely no parking available. But based on our response to alarmed doors at school I'm going to bet we all die. HA! No one did anything except the teachers annoyed by the noise. We just don't have the number of employees it would take to cover all the doors all day. Hence the alarming for them to go off if they are opened without a badge swipe from the inside (they self lock on the outside but we have to get out in the event of a fire or something).

This is my finger right now because I somehow managed to stab myself with a craft knife the night before last. I was opening an Amazon box. It's not a big cut, maybe ¼ inch long, but it's deep enough that it bled like crazy. I had to bandage it up snugly and splint it with a piece of Popsicle stick. How the hell did this even happen?? Clearly, my craft knife privileges need to be revoked until further notice.

IMG_20220816_090056745.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.