What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

283916545_8423194694372647_4757284119376

Helped this baby raccoon reunite with his mother in the tree. We gave him water in that cement drain thing and some grapes (they love grapes) and hid him from dogs all during the day staying far enough away not to spook him. When night fell his mother came out of the tree hole she is in and he followed her up! The picture quality is bad because I had to use zoom to get it.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:31 AM, Ms. Spam said:

Oh and later today I will have an active shooter drill for my school kids. YAY! Give blood today if you can to help and feel like you're doing something because congress won't for the lives of kids.

If you are a hunter or an outdoor sportsman or hell--even if you own a gun for self-defense-- gun ownership isn't a big deal to me...  Honestly, as someone who lives in an area with active bear and mountain lion populations, buying a shotgun has crossed my mind. 

What is a big deal to me is when gun ownership and the celebration of violence is seen as something to be celebrated and bragged about.

I hate gun culture--

I hate these fucks with these bumper stickers with the American flag with gun shapes.

I hate these fucks with those dumb fucking para-military looking skull t-shirts with some dumbshit retard slogan.    You know--shit like this.

These are usually the same fucks that were wile "I don't live in fear" when it came to wearing a mask. 

Fuck these people. 

I want to ask where was open carry going to help those kids? I think the law enforcement that came to the aid of the school were awesome. I do know from a early morning meeting is that the school had policies to protect the school kids and one of them was not followed. The door the shooter got in was unlocked and unmonitored. It should have been self locking and only an egress for fire or supervised visits to the playground.

I own a shotgun. I will continue to own a shotgun until it's not prudent. I will not take a gun to school. I will work with my students to learn to manage their feelings and work through them.

I believe that if you want to wear body armor and carry the types of guns that can kill a group of people quickly then you need to join the military. Otherwise you don't need that gun. You don't need body armor. Because guns don't foster trust. Guns don't teach people how to handle their emotions. 

Basically gun makers got rich on selling guns people don't need what they were selling based on fear and that fear drives these people who are not mentally capable of working through issues. We will see more road rage shootings. More school shootings. More store killings. And the only rights that will be respected is the "Corporate citizens" who make guns.

Later today we're having a meeting at school to show the parents WHO WANT GUN CONTROL LAWS THAT MAKE SENSE how we'll protect their kids. There were a lot of parents and grandparents breaking down in the drop off lines as their kids stepped out of their cars to go to our school. And that shouldn't happen.

That's a car for you. OH WAIIIIIIT you're super busy and have a ton of stuff to do? I should break down. That's usually what a paid off car does to me. So far so good with the Prius. The Yaris I had to replace the struts but to be honest I did hit a curb pretty hard while staring at naked people leaping out of the lake in Austin and running across the street.

57 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Looking like just the battery. I can't remember if I replaced the one in this car recently or not. Just weird that it died when she stopped to get gas after dropping the kids off at school, so it had been driven/charging.

Depending on how long the drive was, it may not have been long enough to make up for the cost of starting the vehicle. 

She has MRSA. They put her in a medically induced coma. It's coming from that stupid port in her arm. They can't remove it until she stabilizes. She told me she didn't like this hospital room before they put her under. She also told me she doesn't think she'll make it. She also asked me to take good care of her cat. Dad flew in last night because Covid restrictions are lifting and we can visit but we have to wear the gown and cap and throw them away when we leave. I've spent the morning reading about MRSA instead of you know actually grading papers and celebrating the last day of school with the kids. I just don't want to rob them of their great accomplishment of going on to middle school or the joy of being the end of the school year so it's hard but we had a tough year of pushing kids to get them to the level they need after online learning and on top of that Uvalde. So I'm internalizing big time and trying to work through it because these kiddos are troopers. But they know and many parents have been kind when I talk to them offering to bring me food or light a prayer candle at church. I had some cranberry juice with vodka last night. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.