What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

16 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

That would be pretty terrifying. I'm glad he's "ok". Probably a mild concussion? 

Yeah. By midnight or so he had pretty much restored most of his memory. He's still missing a chunk of time from the accident to realizing he was in the hospital (though I'm not sure which "realization" is the one he remembers now because I had to tell him dozens of times what was going on). He had a head CT and x-rays; skull, cervical spine, and brain are all perfectly fine. His mom and oldest brother drove up from Houston. They pulled into the hospital right as we were being discharged, so they spent the night here at the lodge with us. 

Noah apparently was completely inconsolable while we were in the hospital. My sister said he was curled up in a ball on the bedroom floor just crying about how Erik wouldn't have been hurt if Noah hadn't invited him to come with us this week and how he never should have suggested they ride the ATVs and on and on and on. 

But it's all good now. Erik is back here, his mom said he could stay, and Noah's finally satisfied that everything is ok. 

When I was in seventh grade my little brother (then still in elementary school) barged into my bedroom one morning and begged me to play outside with him. I swore, yelled, typical of a teenager who was woken up so suddenly by their “annoying little bro”. He ended up loading multiple strips of paper caps into his cap gun, which ignited and fluttered down onto the back of his t-shirt. His entire shirt ended up lit as he panicked, running for help. By the time my mom and I got to him his back was engulfed. He suffered 3rd degree burns over his entire back, his recovery has never really ended it seems given the psychology aspect at least.

I have never been able to ease the guilt of knowing that had I gotten up none of it would have happened.

What I’m saying here is, I know deeply about the “what could I have done different” guilt and thought processes. Even when I could acknowledge nothing was my fault, I still spun in circles over it.

I believe you’re a tremendous parent, Cereese, so this is probably no certainly unneeded, but keep an eye on Noah. He probably needs some of those great hugs and a caring ear that you undoubtedly give your kiddos.

39 minutes ago, Spider-Man said:

Today I realized I might have overshared while sympathizing with a friend’s situation.

I think you need to share everything in detail so we can know if you did.

Yeah. I was surprisingly more anxious than expected, I had been so excited to do it all along. But it went well, k could see his brain shifting from whatever he wanted to talk to me about to how he’s supposed to do offboarding (is that a word). As much as I dislike the guy he handled the whole thing the correct way.

The most disappointing thing about leaving my last job was that I was recovering from COVID and was already off so I had to deal with HR and didn’t get to tell my boss. Although if I had, I probably would’ve screwed myself out of the last two weeks of pay.

Today I deleted TikTok (again, I love-hate social media apps). I was watching Cheers on my TV last night, and I enjoyed a joke in the show so much I transcribed it then texted it to my oldest kid. This morning Cheers is in my FYP, and the video was a reenactment of the joke I enjoyed the night before. I think I’m going to go for a walk today, it’s finally Spring in Alaska, so a walk along Campbell Creek sounds great.

I cleaned up a murderish scene in my house. My sisters port in her arm for dialysis was itching so she scratched it and it opened up and blood was everywhere. The bathroom where she grabbed a wash cloth to stop the blood from coming up, the kitchen where she tried a dishtowel because it bled through the wash cloth. Then she sat the dinner table to call EMS. Then she had to let EMS in so she bled all over the living room. Thank god the EMS guys are just up the street. 

They took her to the er but by the time I got home there were bloody kitty prints, boot prints from the 7 firemen that responded and of course the blood EVERYWHERE.

It was shooting out like projectile vomit.

I know more things about getting blood out of things than you can shake a stick at. Like Aquanette. 

DUDE.

And after all that the hospital didn't even do a transfusion. She's light headed and they released her with like 140/90.

I was taking roll at school when she texted me "Blood everywhere. ERT take me to er". There are three ERs near my house. Not sure which one.  And I was wondering if ERT is code for our neighbor Phil. Nope. She had the presence of mind to call 911 when the blood wouldn't stop coming. Thank god they were still in the drive way when I got home so I could get the ER's name. I wish I had a pic to put up because it looked like a movie scene. Pieces of open packaging were laying around. Turns out they had to do a tourniquet to stop the blood from coming. 

Still pissed at the hospital.

Tina also was worried I'd be mad. I mean at first I was because I was like she waited ten minutes after I left the house to pick a scab when she was alone. 

Man, shopping for rentals is really hard, especially when you're not even in the city (or state!) you're looking at. Crazy high prices. Extremely low supply. Tons and tons of scammers, both obvious and cunning. Finding a place but it's missing certain key features you're looking for. And the insane amount of competition. I've never had to COMPETE for a place before. It's always been I apply, I get approved, I get the place. Now, who knows. We have tons of applications out, but one in particular that looks promising. But they've said they've had a ton of applicants, so if there's approval, we have to IMMEDIATELY pay the deposit. Which is fine, we can afford it, but the way the last email was worded, it'll be a mad rush to see who pays it first. What if I'm in driving, or in the shower, or taking a shit when the email comes in, and we don't get the apartment cuz I'm wiping my ass or something? Fucking stressed to hell about this shit.

Katie, being much smarter and more level headed (at least this time) than me, had me reread the email and it makes more sense that they're saying this place is essentially ours if we're approved as long as we don't fuck around. Makes a lot more sense that way but my anxiety is not allowing me to accept that.

This is how it has always been in LA. I go in every time with bank statements, ready to pay extra deposit with cash, whatever I can do. It also sucks that every not-privately owned place here runs on the promise of charging you for everything and maxing rent increases. They don’t care about keeping units rented, turnover actually makes them money.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.