What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

I try really hard to be bad at things so I don't have to do them. Like hiring ppl at restaurants I worked at. I hired a lot of "questionable" hires because I hated doing interviews. I hired a homeless guy once at Cici's Pizza and all he did was bus tables and eat leftovers. He was possibly the worst busser because things were DIRTIER after he cleaned a table. My boss fired him and I was told I couldn't hire anyone else any more. I was good with that. 

I took my Girl Scouts for a hike, our second in-person meeting. The rules that our council has instituted and took MONTHS to come up with, which wasted a lot of precious time when rates were actually low, are stupid and painfully out of date. Its clear that these are actually early pandemic rules, and that they expect me to wear no less than a hazmat suit and for me to purchase bubbles for each girl. Whomever came with with these rules has obviously never seen a child, let alone interacted with one. I had to actually touch a kid to get out a splinter. No one caught COVID. Its a miracle. I am not sanitizing the crap out of everything or wearing gloves every time I have to hand something to a child.

Also, good luck keeping them 6 feet apart. I had one of them box out another one to pick up a piece of trash. Council would've had a coronary.

We had out first in-person social event since last February/March with a few friends yesterday afternoon.  All but one person was fully vaccinated and the one who wasn't got covid at the end of January, so should still have some immunity built up from that.  We were outside for a lot of the time and spread out when we were inside.  There has also been very little confirmed spread in our city for the past few weeks, so combined with the precautions and our vaccinations, we don't think it was too much of a risk.

It was really nice to see this group of friends in-person.  We had all pretty much gotten tired of zoom happy hours last fall, so we hadn't talked with any of them much since then.

I am hoping to be fully vac'd before we make the trip out to Arizona for what maybe the last time on Memorial Day weekend for my Nan's celebration of life event we're doing in place of her funeral. It's going to be outdoors but I feel like things are going in the right direction. It is nice to meet as a group now.

My Pokemon Go group is talking about meeting up to do a bbq for the Forth of July.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:59 PM, Hobbes said:

What was it?

A report for the head honcho that was far, far more complicated than it should have been, and the only training was a 10 minute phone call. We asked for a SOP, and that's when it got taken away, they had no interest in training us properly.

I've been spending the night at the hospital with my 80 year old grandma who had surgery on Wednesday. You do not really get to sleep at a hospital. The beds are uncomfortable and everything in the room beeps constantly and people are in and out all day and night. So I've been subsisting on naps while also working around job interviews and this never-fucking-ending scouting drama. I'm so sleepy! 

WHOA the hospital let you in? Tina had to have a kind of day surgery because the access port where they do dialysis through her arm was angry and red and she had a bruise from the top of her shoulder to her elbow from when a nurse at dialysis stabbed her incorrectly in a nerve area around the port and missed and left it hanging there for a minute before she realized what she did. They had to put a stent in because that stabbing caused the vessel the port is attached to weaken. Anyways, the gist of it was NO GO INSIDE TO BE THERE FOR TINA from the nurses. It made me sad. I don't have covid cooties. I swear!

Also yes, I don't know how people sleep in a hospital. It's endless stuff happening. The last few times I was there was in the "death" wing for my Mom and you'd hear a lot of crying and sobbing too.

11 hours ago, Iceheart said:

It’s Saturday. Legit just go home and sleep. Get someone else to sit with Grandma, tell Noah to keep Luke occupied and away from you, and just sleep.

I did today. Trevor picked me up around 10AM. I came home and almost immediately fell asleep on the couch. Eventually I moved to the bedroom and just woke up at 7:30. That was a good 6 hours of sleep. 

4 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

WHOA the hospital let you in?

There's a small advantage in living in a sea of red - nobody has ever given 2 shits about covid precautions. The hospital has a sign on the door saying that they only allow one visitor and everyone must wear masks at all times, but neither of those were ever enforced. Last night Trevor brought the kids to see her as well, and there were 6 of us in her room. Nobody said a word. The nurses and hospital staff were all very cautious, but I just got the sense that they grew tired to arguing with people. 

Luke was actually pretty upset by the sight of Nana in the hospital. He had tears in his eyes the whole time they were there, which was only like 7 minutes. 

On 4/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Hey, are you out in Durango yet?how is the new job?

Yep...it has been a crazy week.

I got notified, via email two days before my move (Wednesday afternoon), that our move on Friday was bumped to the next week by the moving company.  I called around and only found a company that could get us in but it would have to be the next day (Thursday at 7am).  We pack all night--and by pack I mean throw shit in boxes.  We are in such a hurry I forgot to pack a bag with a few days changes of clothes.  I wore the same shorts Wednesday-Sunday.  Today was my first day at the new job and I was late because I couldn't find any pants. 

I guess the principal before me was a horrible human being and I heard that me telling the staff that I was late because I couldn't find my pants scored me some easy points with the staff.

5 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

Yep...it has been a crazy week.

I got notified, via email two days before my move (Wednesday afternoon), that our move on Friday was bumped to the next week by the moving company.  I called around and only found a company that could get us in but it would have to be the next day (Thursday at 7am).  We pack all night--and by pack I mean throw shit in boxes.  We are in such a hurry I forgot to pack a bag with a few days changes of clothes.  I wore the same shorts Wednesday-Sunday.  Today was my first day at the new job and I was late because I couldn't find any pants. 

I guess the principal before me was a horrible human being and I heard that me telling the staff that I was late because I couldn't find my pants scored me some easy points with the staff.

That’s awesome. I don’t care what field you’re in, the boss showing some humanity is always a big deal. So many think they need to be distant and perfect.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.