What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

Today I start my last community college course! Well, actually my phys ed course is still going until the end of the semester as well, but today starts my Texas Government class. I can already tell this professor and I are not going to get along. It's an 8 week class. Her syllabus has everything listed out as 14 weeks. Each "week" is only like 3-4 days, but it's still labeled as "Week 1", "Week 2"..."Week 14. I cannot. 

25 minutes ago, Cerina said:

Oh and Target AND Amazon both have their "buy 2, get one free" deal on kid's books right now and I can't stop ordering books. 

My sister-in-law sends a new batch of books every week or so.  And today I picked up 13 books from the library for my wife to use when she takes the kids camping this weekend.

Im still not mentioning those sales to my wife.

3 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

I LOVE SAVANNA! Also you should hit up Tybee Island. For breakfast go to the Breakfast Club.

About Tybee Island. I'ma have words with Joe Jonas. We did a tour to take a boat out to see dolphins and have lunch. The whole damn island is shut down to film a new movie he's starring in. Getting around was a clustercuss because of it. 

Also, there was this scary damn lamp in the AirBnB we rented. 

IMG_20210409_072400242.jpg

I got up around 8:15 am, after working 16+ hours (got home at midnight) last night. I went in to work to do a small job, and the company we did work for last night, wanted me to go back to the job I'd worked at last night. They pretty much wanted just on person (me) to go back to align all of the menu displays (that I didn't even install) and it was already past noon. I told my office that those people can fuck off, because there was no way I was going to lift those 130 pound industrial monitors by myself, to adjust the  monitor mounts to make them all even. They had no idea that it would take over 12 hours to do so, and I wasn't working late on a Friday. I need a beer!

I finally installed a faucet in the kitchen. It used to drip and drip because my cat learned to turn it on to sip from it but wouldn't turn it off when he was done so the cartridge wore out.  So you had to kinda find a sweet spot to turn it off to keep it from dripping. I was good with it but for some reason my sister couldn't ever figure out the sweet spot to stop it drippng. 

Not wanting to be a water waster I bought a faucet after Tina attempted to get it repaired and it failed (the weirdo she found online never came and also said we had to shut the water off to the whole complex to replace the kitchen faucet). I bought this faucet in January and attempted to get the old faucet off. We're trying a different design and it was a one holer with the different ways to shoot water out of it and it came with a soap dispenser.

I didn't have the upper body strength to turn the plastic nuts that stuck the old three hole one on to the sink. After dripping it rusted and corroded. This was beyond my simple YouTube it and fix it yourself skilz.

So we called the same company that did my electrical work. It didn't bode well when they asked me what day and time I wanted it and I requested an early morning appointment last Thursday. I was given a window of between 8 AM and noon. No one showed up. I called. They asked if I could reschedule to later that afternoon. 4:30 passed and they called to tell me no one was coming out and can we reschedule? Next Wednesday (yesterday at the same time 8 to noon).

The guy showed up. At 1:30 PM. He had to cut the faucet out which I didn't own the tools for. To get under the sink he had to remove my P trap and some other things to be able to fit under the sink to maneuver.  I was okay with that. UNTILLLLLL... 

When he was putting it all back together he broke a plastic tightening ring that came with my undersink drain (It adjusts sizes for different sinks. And then he tells me he will have to remove all the piping and reinstall a new set up for another $300. Like dude, you just took $289 to install a sink faucet and broke a part of my faucet and you don't have one of those plastic rings that fit on the pipe to tighten the P trap? No, they don't sell them separately. I told him forget it. I will fix it myself.

I go to Lowe's. Find the P trap part and go home to do it. The ring was sold separately. It was the same crappy plastic ring that I've always had. It BROKE on me too. Like WTF. I am cursing. It's nine o'clock at night. I live in a first world country and deserve indoor plumbing like any other human. I went to home depot got ANOTHER ring and came home at at 10:30 PM the great sink ordeal was over. 

Like, dude, you broke my ring. I should not have to pay for that small part. Now they're trying to make the review I left right.

Today Sara and I walked around in a sunny 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Our fellow Alaskans were also out and about, some just in shorts and tee shirts (+masks obvi, thank you, kind people). We laughed because our silly no kids goal is to live in a manufactured home near a beach in California and we know once that happens this 45 degrees is going be like holy balls we need winter coats.

Afterthought: I wish America would just go metric, because remembering how Fahrenheit is spelled is an ass pain. I never forget how to spell Celsius tho. Spellcheck doesn’t even know what I’m typing, it’s like faring right? Fairy height?

1 hour ago, zambingo said:

Afterthought: I wish America would just go metric, because I’m a dirty commie and I hate freedom

Fixed it for ya.

Well my day was busy but going fine until 12:45 when my son's school called and said he had a fever. After that it was scramble for COVID test and then pick up our daughter from school. Still no results. Hoping they will get to it overnight. But 90% sure he just got overheated from recess and then doing gym class wearing a mask in his classroom that he said was hot (guessing they don't have or did not turn on air conditioning, and it's 75 outside this week). But they won't let him go back for 2 weeks without a negative result. This week is already shot because he only goes Monday and Tuesday. Oh well its not like he's learning anything this year anyway.

I held my black kitty down for a couple minutes trying to help her dislodge some feathers from her teeth which she was gagging on. Mid squirm, right as I had to hold her more firmly, her eyes connected with my eyes and I felt her gaze deep into my soul. She was like how could you do this to me? And I was like you have done this to yourself. Then I laughed. A lot. So now I am certain that my cat believes I’m a total psycho.

Afterthought: Mission successful, btw. She’s fine now. Photo from when she came and asked for help only to then question her life choices.

04E5399A-994F-45C4-945C-0F6C3655D699.jpeg

I've spent the past 3 days being all anxious and fidgety because I haven't heard back from the job I applied for on Monday:rolleyes: This morning I even woke up nauseous and wound up dry heaving into the toilet half a dozen times, though, tbh, that may have been unrelated. I was the only person in the house to eat the barbacoa, so there's a chance the "not quite right"ness of the barbacoa flavor was bad meat. :hmm:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.