What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

My father goes in for surgery tomorrow. He's been having problems. A CT scan recently revealed an enlarged aorta and a cyst on his kidney. Further, we got a letter in the mail today requesting additional consultation regarding the kidney because the scan was "not normal." I fear it may be cancer.

If you're the praying type, please say a prayer for Emmanuel.

7 hours ago, Cerina said:

We just got our electricity back after being out for over 34 hours. Apparently there's a HUGE shortage of electricity in Texas. The whole state is just out of power and can't provide. So we've been hunkered down at home around our gas fireplace while temps reached record lows. 

Down here in Houston, it reaches into the 40s (sometimes 30s) for about a week every year, and we deem it too cold to go outside. That's our "winter". We don't have clothes for sustained cold. The kids and I don't even own a coat. We get by with extra layers of long sleeved t-shirts and jackets. I own like 3 sweaters. The boys don't have any. So basically, they used all of their warm clothing playing in the snow yesterday and now it's all frozen in the garage because it was too wet to bring inside. 

Last night it got down to 44 degrees in our house and we woke up to frozen pipes and no water. Power was restored at noon today, but still no water. We're melting snow to flush toilets. 

Oh and I guess the water in the washing machine hose froze and busted parts of it. So even once we're all restored, we still won't be able to wash any clothing or towels (which we just used to clean up the water from the busted hose). 

All-in-all though, I can honestly say that 34 hours without power in historic low temps is still better than 8 hours of no power in the summer with normal high temps. 

UPDATE

Two pipes have burst and one collapsed the ceiling in my oldest kiddo's room. And the power went out again, but then came on again. 

I'm so ready for you people to take your flippin weather back. 

I'm so sorry. What a mess. I can't believe how cold it got there. You see that in the Midwest all the time but we've only had it that cold once in Seattle in the 15 years I've been here. We almost had a frozen pipe too and had to use a space heater for a few days and run the kitchen sink to keep it from freezing completely. It was nuts and I was over it, too.

11 hours ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

My father goes in for surgery tomorrow. He's been having problems. A CT scan recently revealed an enlarged aorta and a cyst on his kidney. Further, we got a letter in the mail today requesting additional consultation regarding the kidney because the scan was "not normal." I fear it may be cancer.

If you're the praying type, please say a prayer for Emmanuel.

Sending you super good jujus!

On 2/17/2021 at 12:45 AM, Destiny Skywalker said:

I'm so sorry. What a mess. I can't believe how cold it got there. You see that in the Midwest all the time but we've only had it that cold once in Seattle in the 15 years I've been here. We almost had a frozen pipe too and had to use a space heater for a few days and run the kitchen sink to keep it from freezing completely. It was nuts and I was over it, too.

Oh, we midwesterners get over it just as fast as the rest of the country does, we just have to live with being over it for a few months.

... we also insulate our pipes, so we can be miserable and functional at the same time.

34 minutes ago, RUAJedi2 said:

Yay! How did it go?

So far so good! It’s a great change from government work. It’s a really young company, which is nice. 

On 2/22/2021 at 9:49 AM, RUAJedi2 said:

Went through some pictures from late summer. Ready for winter to end so I can do some more small-scale pics of bugs and flowers and stuff

IMG_0108.jpg

20200805_110314_kindlephoto-33557971.jpg

1 hour ago, RUAJedi2 said:

65 degrees and sunny today. Perfect day for a trip to the mountains!

IMG_20210223_102547279.jpg

IMG_20210223_111752829.jpg

Awesome pics! Especially the bee!

Oh, come for the scenic beauty definitely, but outside of our bigger cities, it's a hellhole of ignorant racist cousin-humpers. That Madison Cawthorn douche nozzle is a local favorite.

Next time I drive by the home of the asshole with the 4 giant Trump banners outside his shack, I'll take a pic and post that. It will cure you..

Here's one of em:

61I1-jQFrDL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.