What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

27 minutes ago, Zathras said:

In my defense, I am a freak of nature, and what I find funny is what most 12 year old boys find funny.  

Most men are the same, in my experience.

Today I have been down from a sharp pain to my right kidney area.  Not sure if its a stone, or muscle spasm. It literally feels like someone punching me repeatedly in the kidney.   This is one of the most painful experiences I can remember. Took meds a 4 hours ago, and it's finally starting to ease up.

I’ve had two, one about 16 years ago, the other a few months back.

First one came on, and within a few hours it was clearly time to go to the ER.

Recent one came on slower, much like what Zathras describes. Not wanting to go near a hospital during coronatimes I stuck it out. Pain went away, and nothing came out, so I thought maybe it was actually a back spasm or something.

But then a couple weeks later— it came back and there was no way I could weather it. Not only was the back pain there, but I was getting the symptoms of a severe UTI.

The ER was actually the easiest I’d ever experienced. Take out all the people who treat the ER as their primary care were absent. I walked in, registered, did intake, and was in a bed getting pumped with fentanyl within 15 minutes.

Fentanyl was the best nap I have ever had. Before that, the best nap ever was courtesy of the morphine I had with the previous stone.

I am going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow if I can get in.  Last evening, I took a muscle relaxer my fiance had, as well as pain relievers.  It eased up.  I went to bed early woke up like it was gone.  As soon as I got up this morning, I got ready for the day, and slowly the pain came back. I didn't twist in any weird way or lift anything heavy.  Then the pain got as sharp as it did yesterday.  Like yesterday, the pain was so bad, almost unbearable.  Also like yesterday, I threw up today, too.  Took the same meds, and it eased up again.  Then I was just sitting at my desk doing my assignment for my class, then bam!  I am on the floor rolling in pain, again.  That was a couple hours ago, its eased up some, but still a constant, and dull ache.  Not the sharp pain, but enough to know its there. 

Thank you for your concern all! I think I passed a stone, and I am feeling better now.  I was really close to call an ambulance but I am scared to death of getting covid at the hospital.  I ask my fiance to see how I am doing and if she thinks I should go to the ER, to try to keep it objective.  

Oh yeah I have been drinking a lot of 22 oz glasses of water.  I guess at least 2-3 gallons since Friday. 

I lost my wallet today. I can't find it anywhere. I left the house wearing gym sweatpants (very uncharacteristic of me as I always put on jeans to go anywhere) and stuffed it into the left pocket. Now I can't find it anywhere. I retraced my steps, trying to find where it could have fallen out or where I may have laid it down, but it's not turning up. I even went to the parking lot I was at earlier and it wasn't there. I can't seem to reach the people in charge of the building, either.

It held about $200 in cash, my driver's license, health insurance card, debit card, credit card, my mother's debit card, and other things. Really fucked up this time.

Losing the cash sucks but cancelling the cards shouldn’t be difficult or a problem. If they were stolen the vast majority of banks and financial institutions have fraud detection and would notify you of any suspicious activity, even WITHOUT you reporting the cards were lost first. They’ll replace that, issue you new card/account numbers, etc. IDs and insurance cards may cost a fee, but they’re easily replaceable.  This is a shitty mistake and it really sucks when it happens, but it’s not the end of the world. Your mom can suck it (and for once I don’t mean that as a “your mom” joke).

Do you drive? Look behind the pedals of your vehicle. My husband loses his wallet about once every 2-3 months (so often that I no longer even bother to put his cards on lockdown because I'm almost certain that we'll find it eventually). That's the craziest place we've ever found it. 

Huh. I looked all over the house and car, but did not think to look behind the pedals. I'll do that tomorrow.

Yeah, I've already cancelled my cards, and she has cancelled hers. I've also filed a police report in both towns I may have dropped it. Tomorrow I will go back to looking thoroughly, but if I can't find it, I'll call up the DMV to see about getting a new license, UPMC to get a new insurance card, etc. Yeah, it's not the end of the world, it's just so tedious replacing everything. Plus, I'm pretty sure my phone's auto payment is coming up in a day or two, so I'll probably be without service for a few days while I wait for the new debit card to come in. That might be a nice little respite from outside communication, actually.

Mom just gets hysterical in these situations. I do, too. I got hoarse from yelling and screaming at myself earlier in the day. We both apologized to one another for the things we said.

I lose my wallet in our house frequently enough that I bought a Tile for it. I lost it during one trip to the hospital, but using that I was able to find it. 

Hopefully you'll find it.

Sorry that happened to you ZM.  I don't have anything useful to say, other than if your bank or financial institution offers a free or low cost monitoring service for ID and accounts, you might want to take advantage of it.  My credit union has a company they contract similar to lifelock, and I get that monitoring service for free since I am a member. 

I lost my debit card over Labor Day weekend.  I hardly ever use it unless a place doesn't accept American Express so I didn't notice it missing until my bank called me for a fraud alert.  By that time, neraly $6000 was gone from my account.  It was totally radom...the bulk was spent at Wal-Mart...multiple trips ranging from $5 to $1000 expenses.  Lots of Subway and 7-11 trips.  It was crazy.  

I went to the police and the detective said what likely happened was my card made its rounds in a local homeless camp.  It was highly unlikely anyone would be caught for a variety of reasons.

I got all my money back, a bunch of homeless people got a bunch of meals, and the bank lost money.  

Win-win-win.

5 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

I lost my debit card over Labor Day weekend.  I hardly ever use it unless a place doesn't accept American Express so I didn't notice it missing until my bank called me for a fraud alert.  By that time, neraly $6000 was gone from my account.  It was totally radom...the bulk was spent at Wal-Mart...multiple trips ranging from $5 to $1000 expenses.  Lots of Subway and 7-11 trips.  It was crazy.  

I went to the police and the detective said what likely happened was my card made its rounds in a local homeless camp.  It was highly unlikely anyone would be caught for a variety of reasons.

I got all my money back, a bunch of homeless people got a bunch of meals, and the bank lost money.  

Win-win-win.

All these places have cameras.   It shouldn't be that hard to find out if it was one or multiple people.  Identifying them might be a little more difficult. 

57 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

All these places have cameras.   It shouldn't be that hard to find out if it was one or multiple people.  Identifying them might be a little more difficult. 

Yeah, espicially with masks.

The other thing I did not know, and this is even more difficult to prove, is that even if they identify someone, the police have to prove that the person caught using the card knew the was stolen.  

6 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

Yeah, espicially with masks.

The other thing I did not know, and this is even more difficult to prove, is that even if they identify someone, the police have to prove that the person caught using the card knew the was stolen.  

That's easy to do.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.